Struggleville Forum
Looking For Protesters! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Looking For Protesters! (/thread-100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 07:10 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The whole situation is sad.  From beginning to end.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.  We should know more about the level of damage done I am sure.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 08:09 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:10 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The whole situation is sad.  From beginning to end.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.  We should know more about the level of damage done I am sure.
Hopefully LEOs are there to restore some order.  To a degree I understand their presence can fuel some crap, but then overwhelm them with numbers.  The lawlessness cannot be allowed to continue.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 08:35 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 08:09 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

Hopefully LEOs are there to restore some order.  To a degree I understand their presence can fuel some crap, but then overwhelm them with numbers.  The lawlessness cannot be allowed to continue.

I am sure they are getting it under control.  Riots never seem to last too long once they start locking people up.

It will be interesting to know the complete extent of the damage and what will be happening in the case.  May be sometime before we know how this will end.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Yukon - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 04:02 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:25 AM)Yukon Wrote: Why is it always, we’re mad so let’s show em by STEALING everything?  They don’t care about what happened. 

I’m just glad I wore my bullet proof vest today. I’m takin sniper fire from the parentheses.   Big Grin

Big Grin   I couldn't resist.  I was going to blame you for the whole thing since these are your people but... you know I decided not to mention how these are your people and its all your fault.

Hah. I’m so glad you restrained yourself. 

Actually, I live in Indianapolis. Was just born in Minneapolis

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:06 PM)Yukon Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 04:02 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:25 AM)Yukon Wrote: Why is it always, we’re mad so let’s show em by STEALING everything?  They don’t care about what happened. 

I’m just glad I wore my bullet proof vest today. I’m takin sniper fire from the parentheses.   Big Grin

Big Grin   I couldn't resist.  I was going to blame you for the whole thing since these are your people but... you know I decided not to mention how these are your people and its all your fault.

Hah. I’m so glad you restrained yourself. 

Actually, I live in Indianapolis. Was just born in Minneapolis

I'll just pretend I didn't read that.  On the bright side you got to watch some good football in Indy with Peyton.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-28-2020

I guess the update for tonight. They burned down the police department, several car fires and a liquor store on fire.

Last night they also burned down a Wendys and a McDonalds.

I dont get how the police get run out of their own building.

Protesting is fine, rioting is not. I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Yukon - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: I guess the update for tonight.  They burned down the police department, several car fires and a liquor store on fire.

Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

Well, at least Wendy’s and McDonalds got flame-broiled burgers for a while. 

As far as the real world, I agree with you completely. What purpose does destroying everything serve?

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:38 PM)Yukon Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: I guess the update for tonight.  They burned down the police department, several car fires and a liquor store on fire.

Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

Well, at least Wendy’s and McDonalds got flame-broiled burgers for a while. 

As far as the real world, I agree with you completely. What purpose does destroying everything serve?

Their in lies the problem.  They clearly weren't thinking about what the effects of destroying everything will be.

The real sad story is that there will probably be some small businesses that won't be able to afford to rebuild after this is all over.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

PEACEFUL protesting is absolutely fine.  By the way, blocking a road from people getting to work or doing their business is not a peaceful protest by my definition.

They brought the National Guard in so hopefully they get shit straight.  I agree 100000000000000%.  Come down with that iron fist, maybe that is why WE are not in charge of anything.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 11:31 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

PEACEFUL protesting is absolutely fine.  By the way, blocking a road from people getting to work or doing their business is not a peaceful protest by my definition.

They brought the National Guard in so hopefully they get shit straight.  I agree 100000000000000%.  Come down with that iron fist, maybe that is why WE are not in charge of anything.

I was watching the governor's press conference this morning and they seem to be very concerned of what damage has been done and how this may lead to yet another spread of the virus.  He was very clear how the case against the police that were involved can't be the focus until the violence ends.  Hopefully that thought will help sway many protesters to calm down, so just can be restored.