Struggleville Forum
Looking For Protesters! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Looking For Protesters! (/thread-100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:01 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: Hopefully that thought will help sway many protesters to calm down, so just can be restored.

It won't because these aren't protestors.  They are scumbags that are taking advantage of a horrible situation.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:19 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:01 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: Hopefully that thought will help sway many protesters to calm down, so just can be restored.

It won't because these aren't protestors.  They are scumbags that are taking advantage of a horrible situation.

I h ave to agree with you there.   Smile

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:01 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 11:31 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

PEACEFUL protesting is absolutely fine.  By the way, blocking a road from people getting to work or doing their business is not a peaceful protest by my definition.

They brought the National Guard in so hopefully they get shit straight.  I agree 100000000000000%.  Come down with that iron fist, maybe that is why WE are not in charge of anything.

I was watching the governor's press conference this morning and they seem to be very concerned of what damage has been done and how this may lead to yet another spread of the virus.  He was very clear how the case against the police that were involved can't be the focus until the violence ends.  Hopefully that thought will help sway many protesters to calm down, so just can be restored.

I tried listening to him until I heard "As a white man I cannot..."  Turn it off or throw my phone were the only 2 options at that point.

(05-29-2020, 02:23 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:01 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 11:31 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:30 PM)PJ Wrote: Protesting is fine, rioting is not.  I would come down with an iron fist.... one of the many reasons its probably wise to not put me in charge of anything.

PEACEFUL protesting is absolutely fine.  By the way, blocking a road from people getting to work or doing their business is not a peaceful protest by my definition.

They brought the National Guard in so hopefully they get shit straight.  I agree 100000000000000%.  Come down with that iron fist, maybe that is why WE are not in charge of anything.

I was watching the governor's press conference this morning and they seem to be very concerned of what damage has been done and how this may lead to yet another spread of the virus.  He was very clear how the case against the police that were involved can't be the focus until the violence ends.  Hopefully that thought will help sway many protesters to calm down, so just can be restored.

I tried listening to him until I heard "As a white man I cannot..."  Turn it off or throw my phone were the only 2 options at that point.

Shortly after the press conference they announced the police office has been charged, but no charges for the other three yet.

Well the problem has just gone from bad to worse. There are now a large number of protesters in Downtown Houston Texas. At least one Police SUV has been attached.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-29-2020

Watching the news right now and a Shell gas station is on fire. I know what happens with gas stations on fire in movies but not sure if thats what happens in real life.

Its amazing some of the reporters are saying they haven't seen any cops the entire night... no wonder people are doing whatever they want.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Yukon - 05-31-2020

Well, the absolute idiocy of violent protesters invaded my area last night. Two people got killed, stores looted, and/or vandalized. Now there’s an 8pm curfew county-wide. Corona? Bring it. Natural selection.

Edit: I amend the word protesters. They aren’t the ones doing it. It’s the anarchists using the protests for cover.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 07:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Well, the absolute idiocy of violent protesters invaded my area last night. Two people got killed, stores looted, and/or vandalized. Now there’s an 8pm curfew county-wide. Corona?  Bring it. Natural selection.

Edit: I amend the word protesters. They aren’t the ones doing it. It’s the anarchists using the protests for cover.

Its all around here too.  Even the towns that aren't too big, like 20k population have looting and all businesses got shut down.  Even Walmart, the kung flu couldn't shut Walmart down but I guess these riots did.

Just heard from my sister that her neighbor called her saying people are breaking into house and driving by throwing rocks through people's windows in her area.

I honestly don't understand why more people aren't defending their homes and businesses.  I thought Americans had a shit ton of guns?

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-31-2020, 10:55 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 07:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Well, the absolute idiocy of violent protesters invaded my area last night. Two people got killed, stores looted, and/or vandalized. Now there’s an 8pm curfew county-wide. Corona?  Bring it. Natural selection.

Its all around here too.  Even the towns that aren't too big, like 20k population have looting and all businesses got shut down.  Even Walmart, the kung flu couldn't shut Walmart down but I guess these riots did.

Just heard from my sister that her neighbor called her saying people are breaking into house and driving by throwing rocks through people's windows in her area.

I honestly don't understand why more people aren't defending their homes and businesses.  I thought Americans had a shit ton of guns?

Well some states have very strong gun laws, so there are not as many in some states or certain cities.  California is one of the most restrictive states, it may be a stat to see more damage then some of the more gun friendly states.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

I saw some rumblings of ANTIFA going to a residential neighborhood outside of Atlanta tonight. That is a bad idea for them. They have lots of guns. lol

Good idea for us if they do it though.