Struggleville Forum
SpaceX launch - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SpaceX launch (/thread-133.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: SpaceX launch - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:26 PM)PJ Wrote: Even if it isn't full blown civilization on another big floating rock I would love to even see a human on Mars.  I think that is reasonably possible before I die.

The biggest inhibitor at this point is simply getting there IMO.

RE: SpaceX launch - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:26 PM)PJ Wrote: Even if it isn't full blown civilization on another big floating rock I would love to even see a human on Mars.  I think that is reasonably possible before I die.

I am just glad to see we are no longer reliant on the Russians for space travel.     Cool

RE: SpaceX launch - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:28 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I am just glad to see we are no longer reliant on the Russians for space travel.     Cool

The only thing they do good is Vodka.  They should stick with that.

RE: SpaceX launch - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:30 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 02:28 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

The only thing they do good is Vodka.  They should stick with that.

Agreed.   Cool

RE: SpaceX launch - TommyJ - 01-19-2021

Yes, it really would be great to see at least one person on Mars. What if they find something interesting there? Water, for example. The Falcon 9 launch was postponed again. Is everything bad with the weather conditions? Who will be watching?

RE: SpaceX launch - PJ - 01-20-2021

(01-19-2021, 06:10 AM)TommyJ Wrote: Yes, it really would be great to see at least one person on Mars. What if they find something interesting there? Water, for example. The Falcon 9 launch was postponed again. Is everything bad with the weather conditions? Who will be watching?

I thought I heard something about them finding water on mars in some form.  Frozen maybe?

Who knew we would have to rely on a rich billionaire to make any progress with space exploration.  I guess its better than what he could be spending his money on!

RE: SpaceX launch - TommyJ - 01-21-2021

On the surface of Mars, water really cannot be in liquid form. In 2020, ESA discovered three underground lakes with liquid water. So you can rely on more than just one billionaire.
Experts believe that this water can only be in liquid form due to its high salt content.
Perhaps there are traces of those forms of life that were on Mars when there was a dense atmosphere, a warmer climate, water on the planet's surface, and conditions were similar to those that were on Earth in the early period.

RE: SpaceX launch - TommyJ - 01-26-2021

(01-20-2021, 08:00 PM)PJ Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:10 AM)TommyJ Wrote: Yes, it really would be great to see at least one person on Mars. What if they find something interesting there? Water, for example. The Falcon 9 launch was postponed again. Is everything bad with the weather conditions? Who will be watching?

I thought I heard something about them finding water on mars in some form.  Frozen maybe?

Who knew we would have to rely on a rich billionaire to make any progress with space exploration.  I guess its better than what he could be spending his money on!

I hope that space companies will reach the level of being able to send people to Mars. And then they will change their minds. And all together will come to some more useful solution for the planet. Why would we fly to a planet without air and food?

But it's still interesting how the next tests will go.

RE: SpaceX launch - TommyJ - 03-02-2021

New space companies are now emerging in many countries. In fact, a whole market for space launches is emerging. It's like with automakers. Each one specializes in a specific segment.
Now space companies will work on a similar principle. For example, specialize in launching small satellites like https://www.skyrora.com/.
I think that in a few years we will have several companies that are only engaged in relocation to Mars.

RE: SpaceX launch - JacobCooper - 04-02-2021

I watch each SpaceX launch, and of course, I didn't miss this one. You tell that it was historic, but don't you think that everything SpaceX does is historic? Or I am just too avid fan of this company and try to exaggerate Big Grin .