Struggleville Forum
Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? (/thread-163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - Yukon - 06-05-2020

I have decided PJ is a harbinger of temptation. He doesn’t make you hit the order button, just puts the choice in front of you.

I have bought a few small items with the last couple rounds of deals.

Anyone know of a tool addiction support group?

On the PayPal discussion, I’m sorry there is such an issue with them. I’ve always had good luck with em. I would hazard a guess their upper management has changed and altered the way they do business to increase profits like so many other companies. I’m interested to see what other payment options will be. Didn’t eBay buy PayPal awhile ago? All seems odd.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - PJ - 06-05-2020

By support group you mean a group that will support your decision to buy more tools right? lol

I'm confusing myself on the Paypal/eBay linkage. I feel like eBay owned Paypal at one time and just somewhat recently sold it?

The new payments thing MIGHT be good. eBay will make regular payments to sellers bank accounts I think you get to choose bi weekly or monthly, something like that. They did some stupid song and dance about how they weren't going to charge some fee but then they are raising something else so you aren't really saving anything.

The shit part for me is I use a Paypal Micro Payments account for some of my sales like the magnets. The micro payments account charges 5 cents and 5% per sale. A standard account charges 30 cents and 2.9% per sale. The break even amount is $12. If the payment is under $12 you save money with micro payments, if its over $12 you are better with a standard account.

Also the new system makes it against the rules to sell coupons, so that will be gone soon.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-05-2020

(06-05-2020, 02:02 AM)PJ Wrote: By support group you mean a group that will support your decision to buy more tools right? lol

I'm confusing myself on the Paypal/eBay linkage.  I feel like eBay owned Paypal at one time and just somewhat recently sold it?

The new payments thing MIGHT be good.  eBay will make regular payments to sellers bank accounts I think you get to choose bi weekly or monthly, something like that.  They did some stupid song and dance about how they weren't going to charge some fee but then they are raising something else so you aren't really saving anything.

The shit part for me is I use a Paypal Micro Payments account for some of my sales like the magnets.  The micro payments account charges 5 cents and 5% per sale.  A standard account charges 30 cents and 2.9% per sale.  The break even amount is $12.  If the payment is under $12 you save money with micro payments, if its over $12 you are better with a standard account.

Also the new system makes it against the rules to sell coupons, so that will be gone soon.

Paypal was indeed owned by eBay at one point.  Not for quite some time now.

I never heard of the micro payments thing.  All of my eBay sales I think are still paid through me from PayPal, but I could be wrong I suppose.

That sucks about coupons.  I don't sell them often, but occasionally.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-05-2020

(06-04-2020, 09:55 PM)PJ Wrote: A lot of times when people have a problem with the order they will contact the seller directly and they end up getting misinformation because the seller obviously doesn't want to deal with the return.  Maybe a year or so ago eBay started automatically accepting returns and if the reason for the return was the sellers fault (item not as described, item arrives broken) then eBay lets the buyer print their own shipping label and charges the seller for the label via their monthly fees.

Maybe the policy is good for buyers but as a seller it annoys me to no end because a buyer can choose any option for the return.  I just got a return for a blu ray that I sold.  Person said I sent the wrong item, they wanted the DVD not the Bluray.  The problem is the picture was a bluray, the title said bluray, the item specifics said bluray.  Doesn't matter, buyer said I sent the wrong item so I had to pay for the return shipping and I had to refund them the original shipping to them.  Given the chance I would of just refunded them and let them keep it since I probably didnt pay anything for it and it would of saved me the cost of return shipping.

I got it back the same day I was mailing Dave's loot box so I am pretty sure I included the bluray in the box.  lol, you're welcome.
It better be a good one or I will be pissed and demand a shipping label to send it back to you! lol

Sooooooooooooo, Funny you say this, because I am having an issue with something I bought on eBay right now for my F150.  I got the item (replacement tailight) but it is wrong.  2004-2008 F150 trucks are all the same.  This one was labled that it was for an f150 in that range 4x4, which I have.  DIdn't fit.  Too long and not all of the clips lined up.  I bought ANOTHER one on eBay that had better pictures of the back that was listed as 2004-2008 f150 and it looks like it will fit.  eBay did not print a label automatically for the return, and the guy is pushing back.  

I'm trying to tell the guy, look, here is ANOTHER one I just bought (you can see the eBay thing that shows I bought it) because yours didn't fit.  I am not trying to rip you off, but it doesn't fit.  Now he isn't answering, so we will see where this goes.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - PJ - 06-05-2020

(06-05-2020, 12:09 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:55 PM)PJ Wrote: A lot of times when people have a problem with the order they will contact the seller directly and they end up getting misinformation because the seller obviously doesn't want to deal with the return.  Maybe a year or so ago eBay started automatically accepting returns and if the reason for the return was the sellers fault (item not as described, item arrives broken) then eBay lets the buyer print their own shipping label and charges the seller for the label via their monthly fees.

Maybe the policy is good for buyers but as a seller it annoys me to no end because a buyer can choose any option for the return.  I just got a return for a blu ray that I sold.  Person said I sent the wrong item, they wanted the DVD not the Bluray.  The problem is the picture was a bluray, the title said bluray, the item specifics said bluray.  Doesn't matter, buyer said I sent the wrong item so I had to pay for the return shipping and I had to refund them the original shipping to them.  Given the chance I would of just refunded them and let them keep it since I probably didnt pay anything for it and it would of saved me the cost of return shipping.

I got it back the same day I was mailing Dave's loot box so I am pretty sure I included the bluray in the box.  lol, you're welcome.
It better be a good one or I will be pissed and demand a shipping label to send it back to you! lol

Sooooooooooooo, Funny you say this, because I am having an issue with something I bought on eBay right now for my F150.  I got the item (replacement tailight) but it is wrong.  2004-2008 F150 trucks are all the same.  This one was labled that it was for an f150 in that range 4x4, which I have.  DIdn't fit.  Too long and not all of the clips lined up.  I bought ANOTHER one on eBay that had better pictures of the back that was listed as 2004-2008 f150 and it looks like it will fit.  eBay did not print a label automatically for the return, and the guy is pushing back.  

I'm trying to tell the guy, look, here is ANOTHER one I just bought (you can see the eBay thing that shows I bought it) because yours didn't fit.  I am not trying to rip you off, but it doesn't fit.  Now he isn't answering, so we will see where this goes.

Did you actually open a return request with eBay?  What reason did you use?

If you did open a return he is likely getting e-mails from eBay saying things like "You have 7 days to respond".  From the buyers end after 7 days you should be able to ask eBay to step in and make a decision.  I'd say as little as possible because the more you say the more they can try to use something against you to deny the return.  I would just say this product is listed as fitting a 2005 F150, I own a 2005 F150 and it doesn't fit.  And specifically use the words "item is not as described"

When an item is "not as described" the seller will have to pay return shipping.  Or they may tell you to keep it, or offer a partial refund... which you dont have to accept.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-07-2020

(06-05-2020, 03:53 PM)PJ Wrote:

If you did open a return he is likely getting e-mails from eBay saying things like "You have 7 days to respond".  From the buyers end after 7 days you should be able to ask eBay to step in and make a decision.  I'd say as little as possible because the more you say the more they can try to use something against you to deny the return.  I would just say this product is listed as fitting a 2005 F150, I own a 2005 F150 and it doesn't fit.  And specifically use the words "item is not as described"

When an item is "not as described" the seller will have to pay return shipping.  Or they may tell you to keep it, or offer a partial refund... which you dont have to accept.

It is weird.  I have received no notification of a refund that I can find.  I did definitely do refund request and I think I did item is not as described.  We have been going back and forth a couple of times, but I cannot find anything that says that this whole thing even happened (except messages).

(06-07-2020, 10:32 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 03:53 PM)PJ Wrote:

It is weird.  I have received no notification of a refund that I can find.  I did definitely do refund request and I think I did item is not as described.  We have been going back and forth a couple of times, but I cannot find anything that says that this whole thing even happened (except messages).

I did find where I selected "doesn't fit" as the reason, but it looks like it is still in pending status, waiting for the seller to do something.  We have gone back and forth a couple of times, and all eBay says in the refund is:

If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Jul 03, 2020.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - PJ - 06-07-2020

The doesn't fit reason may let the seller deny the return. I think the reasoning was originally for like clothing items that didn't fit and eBay considers it a buyers remorse thing.

If you can I would go to the resolution center and click the radio button "I received an item that does not match the sellers description" and follow the steps there. Preferably before the seller denies and closes the return request. It may be more difficult or not possible to do after that happens. This is the link for the resolution center - https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

(06-07-2020, 11:14 AM)PJ Wrote: The doesn't fit reason may let the seller deny the return.  I think the reasoning was originally for like clothing items that didn't fit and eBay considers it a buyers remorse thing.

If you can I would go to the resolution center and click the radio button "I received an item that does not match the sellers description" and follow the steps there.  Preferably before the seller denies and closes the return request.  It may be more difficult or not possible to do after that happens.  This is the link for the resolution center - https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Do you know if I can cancel an existing refund request and then do another one with this reasoning?  Right now it won't let me do anything because there is one open already (refund request).

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - PJ - 06-08-2020

(06-07-2020, 02:41 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 11:14 AM)PJ Wrote: The doesn't fit reason may let the seller deny the return.  I think the reasoning was originally for like clothing items that didn't fit and eBay considers it a buyers remorse thing.

If you can I would go to the resolution center and click the radio button "I received an item that does not match the sellers description" and follow the steps there.  Preferably before the seller denies and closes the return request.  It may be more difficult or not possible to do after that happens.  This is the link for the resolution center - https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Do you know if I can cancel an existing refund request and then do another one with this reasoning?  Right now it won't let me do anything because there is one open already (refund request).

That i don't know but I doubt it.  99% of my experience is from the sellers side of this.  Wouldn't hurt to call the ebay 1800 number and talk to customer service.  They can do all sorts of magic I have had reps deny returns and close cases by me just explaining what was happening on the phone, they didn't even consult the buyers at all.