Struggleville Forum
Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: AMAZING Deals! (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: On Topic Deals (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools (/thread-58.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - Orion1876 - 05-25-2020

Dewalt has a new promo where you get a free compact 3 ah battery and charger for free with a variety of bare tools.  Many of which are brushless.

This promo is live on the Home Depot site though most of the kits with the added batter and charger seem to be sold out at this time.

It also seems to be coming to Lowes as well.  The below promo sign has been spotted in a few Lowes stores but has been taken down because they are having difficulty getting it to ring up at the register.

It might be that this promo is not suppose to be live yet.

If interested keep an eye on Home Depot and Lowes and it may be available soon.

[attachment=8]

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - PJ - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 06:33 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: Dewalt has a new promo where you get a free compact 3 ah battery and charger for free with a variety of bare tools.  Many of which are brushless.

This promo is live on the Home Depot site though most of the kits with the added batter and charger seem to be sold out at this time.

It also seems to be coming to Lowes as well.  The below promo sign has been spotted in a few Lowes stores but has been taken down because they are having difficulty getting it to ring up at the register.

It might be that this promo is not suppose to be live yet.

If interested keep an eye on Home Depot and Lowes and it may be available soon.

Thanks for the heads up bud!  Found the promotion on Home Depot's site - https://homedepot.sjv.io/c/222435/456723/8154?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.homedepot.com%2Fb%2FFeatured-Products-Tools-DeWALT-Bare-Tool-Buy-One-Get-One-Offer%2FN-5yc1vZ2fkosu9%3FNs%3DP_REP_PRC_MODE%257C0%26experienceName%3Ddefault

I saw, as you mentioned, a lot of stuff is sold out.  For anyone looking there is a box on the left hand side to show only items in stock, under the "Availability" heading.

I'll start making a post on the main site for this promo now.

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - JFeeney - 05-26-2020

Thanks - hopefully there will be something worth picking up.

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - JFeeney - 05-26-2020

Unfortunately every tool I would consider buying is out of stock / unavailable.

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - Orion1876 - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:55 AM)JFeeney Wrote: Unfortunately every tool I would consider buying is out of stock / unavailable.

Yeah, it seems like this promo is either not fully released yet, or these Dewalt tools are highly sought after.

It appears this deal will not be limited to Home Depot with signs for it being spotted at Lowes, but is not currently working on their web site.

I wonder if this deal might be available at some of the online tool retailers as well at some point in the future.

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - PJ - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 01:03 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:55 AM)JFeeney Wrote: Unfortunately every tool I would consider buying is out of stock / unavailable.

Yeah, it seems like this promo is either not fully released yet, or these Dewalt tools are highly sought after.

It appears this deal will not be limited to Home Depot with signs for it being spotted at Lowes, but is not currently working on their web site.

I wonder if this deal might be available at some of the online tool retailers as well at some point in the future.

I would bet it will be, when the brand is the one creating the promotion it tends to be at several retailers and the only difference depend on what that retailer carries.  Sometimes if you are looking for something specific its worth checking the promo at each retailer because they may carry product X when most others don't.

(05-26-2020, 02:25 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 01:03 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I would bet it will be, when the brand is the one creating the promotion it tends to be at several retailers and the only difference depend on what that retailer carries.  Sometimes if you are looking for something specific its worth checking the promo at each retailer because they may carry product X when most others don't.

Very true.  Sometimes it seems the brands work out deals to limit which stores get what deals though.

Some of the online retailers you really have to dig through their web site to find tool promo deals.  Most of the time it will be noted on the home page when it is a better deal, but not always.  Acme tools I know for one tends to hide some of the tool branded promos.  This is probably due to them having so many at any given time.

I tend to check Acme, International, CPO, Home Depot, and Lowes for hidden gem deals on somewhat of a regular basis.   Lowes use to have 75% clearance deals on their web site pretty often.  Not so much now that the new CEO has made some changes.

I forgot to mention Blain's Farm and Fleet has had a few good tool deals at times too.

RE: Dewalt free 3ah and charger with select bare tools - PJ - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 04:00 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: I forgot to mention Blain's Farm and Fleet has had a few good tool deals at times too.

Farm & Fleet is especially good for one near a store who can do the free in-store pick up.  A lot of times I find deal on their website that get killed by the shipping fees they charge.  Usually when they do a free shipping promotion I will look more closely at what they have.

Fun side note, the reason you dont see more F&F deals on the website is because basically every time I post a deal the manager of the affiliate program yells at me.  Says its against their rules to post anything that they dont send in the weekly promotions e-mail... but the stuff in the e-mail always sucks.  5% off XXXX..... no one is getting out of bed for 5% off.

(05-26-2020, 04:04 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 04:00 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: I forgot to mention Blain's Farm and Fleet has had a few good tool deals at times too.

Farm & Fleet is especially good for one near a store who can do the free in-store pick up.  A lot of times I find deal on their website that get killed by the shipping fees they charge.  Usually when they do a free shipping promotion I will look more closely at what they have.

Fun side note, the reason you dont see more F&F deals on the website is because basically every time I post a deal the manager of the affiliate program yells at me.  Says its against their rules to post anything that they dont send in the weekly promotions e-mail... but the stuff in the e-mail always sucks.  5% off XXXX..... no one is getting out of bed for 5% off.

I agree the cost of shipping can be a deal killer when you are about to check out.  In my case pickup is not an option, so I have to wait for there to be a free shipping deal or a $10 off deal to compensate for shipping.

On a different note It use to be an even better deal to buy tools online because many of the online tool dealers were not charging taxes.  Now they all seem to be charging taxes in Texas that I have found.   The days of tax free tool purchases online are over for Texas residents at least.