Struggleville Forum
Welp........ So far................. - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Welp........ So far................. (/thread-62.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Welp........ So far................. - Yukon - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 07:34 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:26 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:18 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 04:15 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 05:40 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: LOL!!!!!!  The sad thing is that you are probably right.  I assume you will have a video to announce the winners.  If you do I would LOVE for you to actually start it out by saying "So, my forum had the most posts by PJ, which is me.  I have decided to pick the ___________ for myself".  Keep that going for a bit then you can say JK....  hahahaha

I might have to do that.

(05-28-2020, 09:57 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: It will be interesting to see how this race ends.  It is clearly a two horse race at this point.  I was hoping there would be a lot of posting from several people.

Seems to be the three of us are doing a large majority of the posting.   Sad

Audience participation is always instant death.  ?  Its like when Bosch does their giveaways and they have more prizes than entrants.  It'll be a slow progression like much of anything else.  YMMV tool deal posts will bring people over from Youtube and the main portion of the website and a portion of them will check out other posts and contribute.  I'm going to start adding YMMV to the daily e-mails and the next time I do a YMMV video on Lowes or Walmart I'll link everything to the forum. 

(05-28-2020, 10:29 AM)Yukon Wrote: I’ve posted like 300 times, but for some reason my stuff keeps getting deleted, then I receive an email with a Bears logo.

Pfft, I would never do something like that.  I would let you keep the 300 posts I would just add a Bears logo to all of them maybe add a little #BearDown.....and I would make sure someone else has at least 301 posts

lol

Sneaky Sneaky......    Big Grin

Too bad you didn't have the power to change his avatar to the Bears logo......

Oh wait........

Lol  I’m actually a fan of the whole, old black n blue division when the Vikings are out of it, so quite often.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:16 PM)Yukon Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:18 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 04:15 PM)PJ Wrote: I might have to do that.

Audience participation is always instant death.  ?  Its like when Bosch does their giveaways and they have more prizes than entrants.  It'll be a slow progression like much of anything else.  YMMV tool deal posts will bring people over from Youtube and the main portion of the website and a portion of them will check out other posts and contribute.  I'm going to start adding YMMV to the daily e-mails and the next time I do a YMMV video on Lowes or Walmart I'll link everything to the forum. 

Pfft, I would never do something like that.  I would let you keep the 300 posts I would just add a Bears logo to all of them maybe add a little #BearDown.....and I would make sure someone else has at least 301 posts

lol

Oh wait........

Lol  I’m actually a fan of the whole, old black n blue division when the Vikings are out of it, so quite often.

If it makes you feel better 90% of my hatred is reserved for Packers fans.  I live far north enough in Illinois that at least half the people here are Packer fans.  I grew up in the 90s when the Packers had Favre and  I think the bears lost like 25 games in a row to them.  Mondays at school always sucked.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:26 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:16 PM)Yukon Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:18 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: lol

Oh wait........

If it makes you feel better 90% of my hatred is reserved for Packers fans.  I live far north enough in Illinois that at least half the people here are Packer fans.  I grew up in the 90s when the Packers had Favre and  I think the bears lost like 25 games in a row to them.  Mondays at school always sucked.

Oh I see.  I am not much of a fan of the Packers either.  Now they have Aaron Rogers, so they never seem to lose that much and make the playoffs pretty much every year.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - Yukon - 05-28-2020

Gotta admit, Brett Favre was one helluva player and fun to watch. I was happy as hell when he played for the Vikings. I really thought they had a chance at the Super Bowl that year. I now hate the Saints with a passion, especially after finding out they were tryin to hurt him and others on purpose.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Gotta admit, Brett Favre was one helluva player and fun to watch. I was happy as hell when he played for the Vikings. I really thought they had a chance at the Super Bowl that year. I now hate the Saints with a passion, especially after finding out they were tryin to hurt him and others on purpose.

That was a bad defensive coach that is no longer with the Saints.  Besides Drew Brees is a really great QB.  I would like to see him win at least one more before he retires.  Its interesting how Brett Farve was a gun slinger as a QB and took a lot of risks and many paid off.  You don't see many QBs with that same mind set when it comes to playing QB these days.  He was an original that is for sure.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - MiscellaneousDave - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Gotta admit, Brett Favre was one helluva player and fun to watch.
He is a hell of a human being as well.  Something other professional athletes don't do.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:20 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Gotta admit, Brett Favre was one helluva player and fun to watch.
He is a hell of a human being as well.  Something other professional athletes don't do.

Very true.  There seems to be a definite shift in the athletes that play all of the professional sports.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - PJ - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Yukon Wrote: Gotta admit, Brett Favre was one helluva player and fun to watch. I was happy as hell when he played for the Vikings. I really thought they had a chance at the Super Bowl that year. I now hate the Saints with a passion, especially after finding out they were tryin to hurt him and others on purpose.

That whole scenario was straight out of reality TV.  Favre is pissed about them drafting Rodgers and doesn't want to train his replacement.  The Packers won't let him go to the Vikings so he goes to the Jets for like 2 years just so he can then go to the Vikings and play against the Packers.

Meanwhile Chicago is going on year 100+ of awful QB play.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

No one wants to train their replacement. In any walk of life.

RE: Welp........ So far................. - PJ - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 01:15 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: No one wants to train their replacement.  In any walk of life.

Yeah I don't really blame him for not wanting to but also football has a shelf life and at some point I think he should of realized he didn't have it anymore.  It may be revisionist history but I feel like his stats in NY and MN were not nearly what they were his last few years in GB.

Training people does suck in almost all circumstances.  I had to do that in my last "real" job and people would quit after a few weeks then you start all over again. One of the worst parts of the job.