Struggleville Forum
What do you do? What are you good at? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you do? What are you good at? (/thread-70.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 08:16 AM)Andrew Wrote: I've been working in custom low voltage wiring for a few years now, multi-room audio, mounting TVs, home automation, cameras etc.

I've recently moved from Toronto Canada to Orcas Island in WA, USA about a month before the pandemic started.

For the last couple months I've started working for a contractor/builder doing some cool projects. I was his only employee until about two weeks ago when he hired two new guys, told me I'll be getting a work vehicle and he's making me a lead hand.

I've been addicted to your site and r/toolsales since! Spent most of my last few paycheques on tool deals! Hopefully you guys can help me fill my tool truck! (Crappy Astro Van I get to fix up and build out)

Congrats dude!  Especially great to hear that they are hiring more people right now considering everything going on.

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - PJ - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 08:16 AM)Andrew Wrote: I've been working in custom low voltage wiring for a few years now, multi-room audio, mounting TVs, home automation, cameras etc.

I've recently moved from Toronto Canada to Orcas Island in WA, USA about a month before the pandemic started.

For the last couple months I've started working for a contractor/builder doing some cool projects. I was his only employee until about two weeks ago when he hired two new guys, told me I'll be getting a work vehicle and he's making me a lead hand.

I've been addicted to your site and r/toolsales since! Spent most of my last few paycheques on tool deals! Hopefully you guys can help me fill my tool truck! (Crappy Astro Van I get to fix up and build out)

I'm sure we can help out with that!  Before you know it your going to be thinking "Damn I need a bigger van" lol

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:31 PM)PJ Wrote:

I'm sure we can help out with that!  Before you know it your going to be thinking "Damn I need a bigger van" lol

This is true.  Running out of space is a common problem when you are able to find so many great deals.  Nothing better than finding a deal on a tool you have been wanting to buy for a while.    Cool

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 09:10 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

This is true.  Running out of space is a common problem when you are able to find so many great deals.  Nothing better than finding a deal on a tool you have been wanting to buy for a while.    Cool

If those storage units weren't so damn expensive I would seriously have one of them.  Sad that I need one.  Sad

(05-28-2020, 09:34 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

If those storage units weren't so damn expensive I would seriously have one of them.  Sad that I need one.  Sad

If you have the space you will fill it up is how it works.  The more space you get the more stuff you will end up buying.  Hence we will all never have enough space.

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 09:50 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

If you have the space you will fill it up is how it works.  The more space you get the more stuff you will end up buying.  Hence we will all never have enough space.

There is some truth to that, but for me I want it just so I have more free space at home.  Not necessarily to fill, but just to have. 

Of course I say that now, buttttttttttttttt...............

(05-28-2020, 10:03 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 09:50 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 11:31 PM)PJ Wrote: I'm sure we can help out with that!  Before you know it your going to be thinking "Damn I need a bigger van" lol

There is some truth to that, but for me I want it just so I have more free space at home.  Not necessarily to fill, but just to have. 

Of course I say that now, buttttttttttttttt...............

And the space saga continues.   Big Grin

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - BigKigh - 05-31-2020

Unfortunately, I am a Detective. Prob shouldn't say that now-a-days but oh well. I like to think I'm good at fishing, gf would say otherwise. I like fixing vehicles but ended up breaking them worse. What's that phrase, "if it ain't broke don't fix it or fix it until you break it" that's me.

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - Yukon - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 05:37 PM)BigKigh Wrote: Unfortunately, I am a Detective. Prob shouldn't say that now-a-days but oh well. I like to think I'm good at fishing, gf would say otherwise. I like fixing vehicles but ended up breaking them worse. What's that phrase, "if it ain't broke don't fix it or fix it until you break it" that's me.

Tell her you caught her. Hah. 

And even experienced mechanics break stuff. All part of the learning curve.

RE: What do you do? What are you good at? - PJ - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 05:37 PM)BigKigh Wrote: Unfortunately, I am a Detective. Prob shouldn't say that now-a-days but oh well. I like to think I'm good at fishing, gf would say otherwise. I like fixing vehicles but ended up breaking them worse. What's that phrase, "if it ain't broke don't fix it or fix it until you break it" that's me.

I know how the vehicle thing goes.  I turned a fully functioning but leaking transmission into a new... very expensive transmission  Big Grin