Struggleville Forum
Dave Ramsey - What do you think? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Dave Ramsey - What do you think? (/thread-71.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Dave Ramsey - What do you think? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:36 PM)MaintenanceGuyMD Wrote: He makes some good points, though I don't agree with everything he says.  He says he doesn't use credit cards and won't get one.  Everyone should get a credit card with cashback rewards, but the key is always pay off the balance in full each month.  If you have self control, it works out in your favor.  Just from groceries alone, I can make at least $200 a year cashback, tax free.
I totally agree with that.  I have a credit card that I get cashback rewards on and it has made me quite a bit of money.  I actually even use it for work who reimburses me for my expenses.  Talk about free money! Smile

RE: Dave Ramsey - What do you think? - PJ - 05-27-2020

I am sure you guys will find it AMAZING that I use an Amazon credit card that give me points to buy things.... on Amazon.

RE: Dave Ramsey - What do you think? - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:43 PM)PJ Wrote: I am sure you guys will find it AMAZING that I use an Amazon credit card that give me points to buy things.... on Amazon.

Big shocker there.  I am sure many of the people in this forum buy a fair amount on Amazon.  Especially right now.   We have ordered grocery type items from Amazon recently.  It just has been easier to find them there at times.

RE: Dave Ramsey - What do you think? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 07:13 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 11:43 PM)PJ Wrote: I am sure you guys will find it AMAZING that I use an Amazon credit card that give me points to buy things.... on Amazon.

Big shocker there.  I am sure many of the people in this forum buy a fair amount on Amazon.  Especially right now.   We have ordered grocery type items from Amazon recently.  It just has been easier to find them there at times.

I don't have a Whole Foods in the woods where I live to get groceries from Amazon.  Nor would I even if I could (most likely).  Last I knew their costs were astronomical.

(05-28-2020, 08:51 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 07:13 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I don't have a Whole Foods in the woods where I live to get groceries from Amazon.  Nor would I even if I could (most likely).  Last I knew their costs were astronomical.

The prices for Amazon Fresh are not too bad.   It was a good way to get Soda, and some instant rice when the Walmart, HEB, and Kroger near me was completely out.

The last time that I looked for regular groceries (like non perishables and stuff) that Amazon ships to you I found their prices to be EXTREMELY high and not at all even close to competitive, which is WEIRD for Amazon.

(05-28-2020, 09:37 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The last time that I looked for regular groceries (like non perishables and stuff) that Amazon ships to you I found their prices to be EXTREMELY high and not at all even close to competitive, which is WEIRD for Amazon.

This is true.  You have to watch prices when ordering from Amazon.  They tend to raise prices pretty high but a lot of the time the price come down over time a bit as demand slows a bit.

I guess it comes down to how badly you need a given ingredient I guess.

(05-28-2020, 09:46 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 09:37 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The last time that I looked for regular groceries (like non perishables and stuff) that Amazon ships to you I found their prices to be EXTREMELY high and not at all even close to competitive, which is WEIRD for Amazon.

This is true.  You have to watch prices when ordering from Amazon.  They tend to raise prices pretty high but a lot of the time the price come down over time a bit as demand slows a bit.

Supply and demand.  Smile

(05-28-2020, 10:01 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

Sadly more often than not there is more demand then there is a supply of various things.

(05-28-2020, 10:35 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:01 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

Sadly more often than not there is more demand then there is a supply of various things.

Right now, yes, things like toilet paper, sanitizer, etc.

During normal times, if you have a huge supply that you charge a lot for, you will have that huge supply for a very long time. Smile