Struggleville Forum
Adding Pictures To Posts - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Help! (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Help & How To (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Adding Pictures To Posts (/thread-10.html)

Pages: 1 2

Adding Pictures To Posts - PJ - 05-20-2020

If you would like to posts pictures on the forum like a Harbor Freight coupon or even a funny meme, you can do that and its pretty simple.  The easiest way is using the "Add Attachment" button at the bottom of any thread creation or post reply.  On the left you will see the "Choose Files" button.  That will open up a window for you to select which pictures to post.  Afterwards you just click the aforementioned "Add Attachment" button and submit your post.  Easy right?

The easy way isn't always the best.  The result is kind of a small thumbnail and the image sizes are pretty restrictive.  I would recommend uploading your picture(s) to https://imgur.com/.  At their home page just click the "New Post" button in the upper left corner, then drag your picture into the box or click the "Choose photo" link.  The picture will automatically upload and when the page refreshes just put your mouse over the image.  You will see 3 dots in the upper right corner. Click that then click "Get Share Links".  The third option down says "BBCode", click the copy link button next to that then just paste it here in the forum.  

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/P9XY0yD.png[/img]

[Image: P9XY0yD.png]

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - MaintenanceGuyMD - 05-26-2020

Definitely helps to add pictures and video when giving out repair advice.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - Yukon - 05-27-2020

Well, shoot. Just when I found my old, stone tablets and mini-pterodactyl. Flintstone style.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

PJ just to let you know, your site doesn't seem to allow us to upload .png files here. Linking them probably works, but not adding here.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - Orion1876 - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 05:49 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: PJ just to let you know, your site doesn't seem to allow us to upload .png files here.  Linking them probably works, but not adding here.

PJ,  I got it.  Thanks for the info.  From now on I will use imgur to post pictures.

[Image: F0XFJIq.jpg]

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - PJ - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 05:49 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: PJ just to let you know, your site doesn't seem to allow us to upload .png files here.  Linking them probably works, but not adding here.

The file types that are allowed are bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, and png.

The size limits are 500kb for each attachment with a limit of 5 attachments per post.

Maybe the image was over the kb limit?  I will try attaching a png to this reply.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 03:36 PM)PJ Wrote:

The size limits are 500kb for each attachment with a limit of 5 attachments per post.

Maybe the image was over the kb limit?  I will try attaching a png to this reply.

It was a size issue.  2.25 meg.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-27-2020, 04:46 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

That is good.  Then it will work for .png pictures.  That will be helpful with most of the clip art seems to be in .png.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - MiscellaneousDave - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:35 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

That is good.  Then it will work for .png pictures.  That will be helpful with most of the clip art seems to be in .png.

PNG is probably going to keep getting more and more popular.

RE: Adding Pictures To Posts - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-29-2020, 01:08 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:35 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

PNG is probably going to keep getting more and more popular.

Yeah.. that seems to be the case looking online.   I know JPG was never thought to be a great format.