Struggleville Forum
Looking For Protesters! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Looking For Protesters! (/thread-100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-27-2020

Hey guys, maybe you can help me on this one.  I keep hearing on CNN about these protests going on in Minnesota. (Home of a very...very sad NFL franchise.)  When I look it up on Twitter all I see is videos of people stealing from Target and lighting an Autozone on fire.  Where are the protesters?

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

The most disgusting thing about this is in the first post where it says "police stand down". They need to be in there arresting these scumbags. I don't know the background on this particular incident, but I am guessing it is yet another instance if a police shooting and people reacting too fast without hearing/seeing all of the facts.

But that is only a guess, if it is like the others.,

(BTW LOL @ the Vikings jab).

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 05:52 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: (BTW LOL @ the Vikings jab).

I just wonder what is causing all of this fighting and looting.   Seems the sports fans in Minnesota might be a bit on edge about the lake of sports and just couldn't take it anymore.

I was considering deleting my first post since I was definitely wrong, but I figured I would leave it there and admit I was wrong.

I researched this on my way to work to see what the situation was, and this was one of the instances where people have a right to be upset. The sad thing about this is that because people protest police stuff all of the time (95% of the time it is stupid and unwarranted), and when they do it loses the message. This cop will definitely be put away for manslaughter. It is really a shame because this one incident will fuel hatred toward law enforcement across the country due to the actions of ONE idiot. Since that one idiot made a mistake, that doesn't mean that the department is all bad, or all LEOs across the country are bad. But idiots will use this one incident to fuel that narrative. By this cop doing what he did he has further endangered the life of every single LEO across the country.

ALL OF THIS BEING SAID (and kind of going back to the point PJ was trying to make), how does looting help this situation? What are you accomplishing by looting??? Nothing. It is just scumbags taking advantage of a bad situation. They should all be arrested.

(05-28-2020, 07:37 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: I was considering deleting my first post since I was definitely wrong, but I figured I would leave it there and admit I was wrong.

I researched this on my way to work to see what the situation was, and this was one of the instances where people have a right to be upset.  The sad thing about this is that because people protest police stuff all of the time (95% of the time it is stupid and unwarranted), and when they do it loses the message.  This cop will definitely be put away for manslaughter.  It is really a shame because this one incident will fuel hatred toward law enforcement across the country due to the actions of ONE idiot.  Since that one idiot made a mistake, that doesn't mean that the department is all bad, or all LEOs across the country are bad.  But idiots will use this one incident to fuel that narrative.  By this cop doing what he did he has further endangered the life of every single LEO across the country.

ALL OF THIS BEING SAID (and kind of going back to the point PJ was trying to make), how does looting help this situation?  What are you accomplishing by looting???  Nothing.  It is just scumbags taking advantage of a bad situation.  They should all be arrested.

This is very sad.  I just saw some of the footage of George Floyd arrest and it is ridiculous.  The cop involved should be held accountable for what he did.  There is no excuse for this level of force on someone in hand cuffs.

I agree with MiscellaneousDave most of the protesting of police is unwarranted.  Sadly this will fuel people to disrespectful to police all over the nation that had nothing to do with what went down here.

(05-28-2020, 08:15 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: There is no excuse for this level of force on someone in hand cuffs.

Most of the time you are right, but not all of the time.  People can be very combative and squirmy in handcuffs and can still be a danger to LEOs or themselves and still have to be heavily restrained.  Obviously this wasn't one of the cases, and obviously this isn't how you do it.

(05-28-2020, 08:48 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 08:15 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: There is no excuse for this level of force on someone in hand cuffs.

Most of the time you are right, but not all of the time.  People can be very combative and squirmy in handcuffs and can still be a danger to LEOs or themselves and still have to be heavily restrained.  Obviously this wasn't one of the cases, and obviously this isn't how you do it.

This is true.  No telling what someone might do if they are high on drugs or are just plain crazy.

The line should be clearly drawn before the suspect states he can't breathe.

(05-28-2020, 08:51 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: The line should be clearly drawn before the suspect states he can't breathe.

That is yet another problem.  Criminals use that line all of the time.  Watch any episode of COPS or LivePD.  They can breathe just fine, they are just uncomfortable and/or are trying to make the LEO loosen up as a way to resume being a dumbass.

Obviously this case was WAY different, but I am just illustrating how it isn't a clear guideline such as just saying that.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Yukon - 05-28-2020

Why is it always, we’re mad so let’s show em by STEALING everything?  They don’t care about what happened. 

I’m just glad I wore my bullet proof vest today. I’m takin sniper fire from the parentheses.   Big Grin