Struggleville Forum
Looking For Protesters! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Looking For Protesters! (/thread-100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Looking For Protesters! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:25 AM)Yukon Wrote: Why is it always, we’re mad so let’s show em by STEALING everything?  They don’t care about what happened. 

I’m just glad I wore my bullet proof vest today. I’m takin sniper fire from the parentheses.   Big Grin

You can never be too careful.

Not sure why stealing is considered a way of protesting.   Besides the stores had nothing to do with it.   Anytime there is a angry populous there is no telling what they will get into and destroy.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:25 AM)Yukon Wrote: Why is it always, we’re mad so let’s show em by STEALING everything?  They don’t care about what happened. 

I’m just glad I wore my bullet proof vest today. I’m takin sniper fire from the parentheses.   Big Grin

Don't forget when Katrina came and their response was "Our power was out so let's show em by STEALING everything".  lol

Including all sorts of electronics to run with no power.

(05-28-2020, 10:39 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: Not sure why stealing is considered a way of protesting.

It isn't.  News outlets are just incorrectly reporting.  Either to feed a narrative or just because they are idiots  Or both.

(05-28-2020, 10:40 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

Don't forget when Katrina came and their response was "Our power was out so let's show em by STEALING everything".  lol

Only stores that didn't get looted during the LA riots back in the day were stores owned by people from Korea supposedly.   They were in their stores well armed and were able to keep the hooligans at bay.

(05-28-2020, 10:45 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

Only stores that didn't get looted during the LA riots back in the day were stores owned by people from Korea supposedly.   They were in their stores well armed and were able to keep the hooligans at bay.

That would totally be me.  I would absolutely be there defending my property.

(05-28-2020, 10:47 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:45 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

That would totally be me.  I would absolutely be there defending my property.

Yep me too.  Got to protect what is yours.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-28-2020

Big Grin   I couldn't resist.  I was going to blame you for the whole thing since these are your people but... you know I decided not to mention how these are your people and its all your fault.

RE: Looking For Protesters! - PJ - 05-28-2020

Think how many Target workers who were already making crap wages are now unemployed. If I was Target I wouldn't rebuild it, let them find another place to loot next time.

I heard a pawn shop owner killed a guy that was trying to loot his store. What are the odds the pawn shop owner ends up getting arrested?

The dumbest thing about it is this was a situation where a large majority of the population would of been on your side but masses of people always turn into idiots and now at least a portion of the story is how these idiots burned down their own town.

(05-28-2020, 04:05 PM)PJ Wrote: Think how many Target workers who were already making crap wages are now unemployed.  If I was Target I wouldn't rebuild it, let them find another place to loot next time.

I heard a pawn shop owner killed a guy that was trying to loot his store.  What are the odds the pawn shop owner ends up getting arrested?

The dumbest thing about it is this was a situation where a large majority of the population would of been on your side but masses of people always turn into idiots and now at least a portion of the story is how these idiots burned down their own town.

Not sure what the law is in Minnesota but in Texas I believe you are allowed to defend yourself and your property.  Not sure if they would extend that to include a store though.

Sadly that tends to happen with large groups.  I believe it is called the sheep mentality.   No one wants to be different, so they all follow the leader and do the same thing.  In this case destroy and loot.

The whole situation is sad. From beginning to end.