Struggleville Forum
How To Post An Amazon Product Box - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Help! (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Help & How To (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: How To Post An Amazon Product Box (/thread-12.html)

How To Post An Amazon Product Box - PJ - 05-20-2020

You see different types of Amazon product boxes all over my site.  They are great because you can easily post a bunch of information on a product with minimal effort.  I created a custom code for forum members to use when posting Amazon deals.  This box will automatically post the picture, title and current price of them item.

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

Replace "ASIN" with the actual ASIN of the Amazon product.

The ASIN is an alpha numeric code that is tied to a specific item on Amazon.  When looking at a product on Amazon you can find the ASIN in the URL.  Here is an example of an ASIN for a DeWALT combo kit - B00NHBZ9AA.  

If you scroll down the Amazon page you can also find the ASIN listed under the "Additional Information" heading.

Here is an example of the product box for the DeWALT combo kit:

The tag is EXTREMELY picky.  After you have the ASIN in place you may need to highlight the entire code and click the "Remove formatting" button above, it looks like an "A" with a red circle in the corner.

*This code won't work for a very small percentage of products.  These items are being restricted by Amazon.

RE: How To Post An Amazon Product Box - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-20-2020, 03:53 AM)PJ Wrote: You see different types of Amazon product boxes all over my site.  They are great because you can easily post a bunch of information on a product with minimal effort.  I created a custom code for forum members to use when posting Amazon deals.  This box will automatically post the picture, title and current price of them item.

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

The ASIN is an alpha numeric code that is tied to a specific item on Amazon.  When looking at a product on Amazon you can find the ASIN in the URL.  Here is an example of an ASIN for a DeWALT combo kit - B00NHBZ9AA.  

If you scroll down the Amazon page you can also find the ASIN listed under the "Additional Information" heading.

The tag is EXTREMELY picky.  After you have the ASIN in place you may need to highlight the entire code and click the "Remove formatting" button above, it looks like an "A" with a red circle in the corner.

*This code won't work for a very small percentage of products.  These items are being restricted by Amazon.

Not sure I will use this.    May have to leave it to PJ for the Amazon deals.    Big Grin

RE: How To Post An Amazon Product Box - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 03:53 AM)PJ Wrote: You see different types of Amazon product boxes all over my site.  They are great because you can easily post a bunch of information on a product with minimal effort.  I created a custom code for forum members to use when posting Amazon deals.  This box will automatically post the picture, title and current price of them item.

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

Not sure I will use this.    May have to leave it to PJ for the Amazon deals.    Big Grin
lol

<--------- Same

(06-01-2020, 07:19 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

lol

<--------- Same

lol

PJ is the master of Amazon deals after all.     Cool

(06-01-2020, 07:23 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

lol

<--------- Same

lol

He is the master of AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG deals of all kind.

(06-01-2020, 07:24 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

The short code is: 
Code:
[az]ASIN[/az]

lol

<--------- Same

lol

He is the master of AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG deals of all kind.

True... sorry I didn't mention that.    Cool

(06-01-2020, 07:26 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: Not sure I will use this.    May have to leave it to PJ for the Amazon deals.    Big Grin
lol

<--------- Same

lol

slacker.

(06-01-2020, 07:36 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 07:19 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: lol

<--------- Same

lol

slacker.

Uh huh sure    Cool

(06-01-2020, 07:38 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 07:36 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 07:23 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: lol

slacker.

Uh huh sure    Cool
True story