Struggleville Forum
Menards just lost my business - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Menards just lost my business (/thread-132.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Menards just lost my business - Yukon - 05-30-2020

Well, Menards just lost my business for awhile, if not for good. They have jumped on the too-late-to-matter-now bandwagon and are requiring masks to shop there after months of no requirement. 

I know it’s becoming a mildly controversial subject, but I find that rule in a store like that to be ridiculous. 

They are within their right to require it. I don’t dispute that, but I am within mine to refuse. I know they don’t give a flaming rats ass about me, but it may come back to bite them eventually.  Another guy turned and walked away same time I did.

RE: Menards just lost my business - PJ - 05-31-2020

I guess I didn't notice because in Illinois its the law right now no matter what business it is. One thing the store here did (not sure if its all stores or not) is not allow any one under 16 in the store. I love that. I'd pay extra to shop in that store.

I can't find a picture of it now but I saw a store that had a sign up that said something like "Under order of the Governor all customers must wear face coverings unless you can not do so because of a medical condition. Because of HIPA regulations we are not allowed to ask you about potential medical conditions. If you are not wearing a facial covering we will assume you have a medical condition."

Thats how you do it.

RE: Menards just lost my business - Yukon - 05-31-2020

Our stuff isn’t statewide mandatory, so I’m glad about that. The places that do require it aren’t freakin me out. I just disagree with it because they’re either trying to delay the inevitable or just covering their legal asses. I would not like being in Illinois or any other state where it’s mandatory. I am very hands-off when it comes to governmental control. Give em an inch and they’ll take a mile.

RE: Menards just lost my business - Orion1876 - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 09:34 AM)Yukon Wrote: Our stuff isn’t statewide mandatory, so I’m glad about that. The places that do require it aren’t freakin me out. I just disagree with it because they’re either trying to delay the inevitable or just covering their legal asses. I would not like being in Illinois or any other state where it’s mandatory. I am very hands-off when it comes to governmental control. Give em an inch and they’ll take a mile.

I agree it should be a personal choice.    I have not seen any stores around here in Texas requiring it.   The few stores I have been out too recently had quite a few people not wearying one.

I just hope there doesn't grow a bigger need for protection due to the events that have happened the last few days.  Having so many people gather in a large group for a long period of time is likely to lead to another break out of the virus.

RE: Menards just lost my business - PJ - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 09:34 AM)Yukon Wrote: Our stuff isn’t statewide mandatory, so I’m glad about that. The places that do require it aren’t freakin me out. I just disagree with it because they’re either trying to delay the inevitable or just covering their legal asses. I would not like being in Illinois or any other state where it’s mandatory. I am very hands-off when it comes to governmental control. Give em an inch and they’ll take a mile.

Living in Illinois sucked way before the chinese virus. Super high taxes that all get funneled to Chicago. The entire state exists to pay for Chicago welfare.

(05-31-2020, 10:50 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I agree it should be a personal choice.    I have not seen any stores around here in Texas requiring it.   The few stores I have been out too recently had quite a few people not wearying one.

I just hope there doesn't grow a bigger need for protection due to the events that have happened the last few days.  Having so many people gather in a large group for a long period of time is likely to lead to another break out of the virus.

It will be really interesting to see what the virus numbers do in about 2 weeks. And who ends up getting blamed by the media for it.

RE: Menards just lost my business - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

This whole situation sucks.

What everyone needs to keep in mind is that the face coverings ARE NOT FOR YOU. Truthfully I feel like there is a 1% chance it may help a little, but that is just my feeling. Face masks are to help YOU from being a carrier and giving it to others. No one REALLY knows if they have Covid or not, because even if you were tested, you could have gotten it 5 minutes later.

So basically because people don't want to help others from possibly transmitting this deadly (to some) virus, businesses are requiring it. Here in Florida I noticed a LOT less people wearing a mask last weekend than I had the weekend before. People are getting tired of it (myself included), however I do wear a mask when I am in businesses with a lot of people and social distancing is harder. I am 0.1% worried about catching this thing myself, I just would hate to know I am a carrier and I have/had given it to others.

RE: Menards just lost my business - PJ - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 01:25 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: This whole situation sucks.

What everyone needs to keep in mind is that the face coverings ARE NOT FOR YOU.  Truthfully I feel like there is a 1% chance it may help a little, but that is just my feeling.  Face masks are to help YOU from being a carrier and giving it to others.  No one REALLY knows if they have Covid or not, because even if you were tested, you could have gotten it 5 minutes later. 

So basically because people don't want to help others from possibly transmitting this deadly (to some) virus, businesses are requiring it.  Here in Florida I noticed a LOT less people wearing a mask last weekend than I had the weekend before.  People are getting tired of it (myself included), however I do wear a mask when I am in businesses with a lot of people and social distancing is harder.  I am 0.1% worried about catching this thing myself, I just would hate to know I am a carrier and I have/had given it to others.

Thats kind of how I feel about a guy I play cards with.  He wants to have a card game but also has cancer and is just finishing chemo treatments sooo.... he really shouldnt be around people.

I really think they need to just figure out a policy to keep it out of nursing homes and let the rest of us go back to normal. And not the "new normal" they want to push... normal normal.

(06-01-2020, 02:41 PM)PJ Wrote:

What everyone needs to keep in mind is that the face coverings ARE NOT FOR YOU.  Truthfully I feel like there is a 1% chance it may help a little, but that is just my feeling.  Face masks are to help YOU from being a carrier and giving it to others.  No one REALLY knows if they have Covid or not, because even if you were tested, you could have gotten it 5 minutes later. 

So basically because people don't want to help others from possibly transmitting this deadly (to some) virus, businesses are requiring it.  Here in Florida I noticed a LOT less people wearing a mask last weekend than I had the weekend before.  People are getting tired of it (myself included), however I do wear a mask when I am in businesses with a lot of people and social distancing is harder.  I am 0.1% worried about catching this thing myself, I just would hate to know I am a carrier and I have/had given it to others.

Thats kind of how I feel about a guy I play cards with.  He wants to have a card game but also has cancer and is just finishing chemo treatments sooo.... he really shouldnt be around people.

I really think they need to just figure out a policy to keep it out of nursing homes and let the rest of us go back to normal. And not the "new normal" they want to push... normal normal.

My family wanted to have a card game, but my dad is too old to be around us all.  NO WAY.  I had to be the asshole and said absolutely not.  He has been really good about staying home and such and thought it wouldn't be a big deal.

No way.  Not worth the chance.

RE: Menards just lost my business - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:42 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

My family wanted to have a card game, but my dad is too old to be around us all.  NO WAY.  I had to be the asshole and said absolutely not.  He has been really good about staying home and such and thought it wouldn't be a big deal.

Yeah... its best to be safe.  My mom is at high risk as well.  Not worth the risk to see my parent right now.  Virtual visits will have to suffice.

(06-01-2020, 02:45 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 02:42 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

Yeah... its best to be safe.  My mom is at high risk as well.  Not worth the risk to see my parent right now.  Virtual visits will have to suffice.

Exactly.