Struggleville Forum
Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask (/thread-158.html)

Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - PJ - 06-02-2020

What do you think of this?  I'm torn.  On one hand I think the masks are stupid and given the choice I wouldn't wear one.  On the other hand I think this guy is a prick just trying to be a pain the ass.  I don't feel sorry for him at all and hope the next closer store is like an hour away.

Also the cops should of tazed him about 2 minutes into this.  I can't believe the cop is just standing there letting this fool rant.

RE: Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - Lifebeholder - 06-03-2020

I just find it ironic that this guy's Menard employees are so into enforcing a mask. I would be surprised to find an employee to to help me at my stores. I am pretty much telling them where something is and that I just need and just using them and their ladders or I would do it myself.
I am definitely not into the thought of buying my own mask. You can supply me with the mask, but as a business I almost think it is the business's responsible to offer this item at no cost if you are wanting to attempt to enforce/encourage customers to wear them. You can protect your staff members and encouraged people to wear the PPE, but I don't think you can force them. You can ask them to leave or if you see them coughing on someone and putting others at risk. On the other hand we are adults and it is still our responsible to protect ourselves, but I personally can stay away from people and don't think everyone should have to wear a mask. We are going to lose more people to this illness, but it is still up to us how much we want to do to protect ourselves and our families, just don't come up to me. You keep your distances and we will be fine or you will feel my wrath. *wicked laugh*
I also don't 100% believe all videos I see, there is a wonderful thing called "edit" and also not always the chance of the whole truth being told. The cops have to deal with all kinds, I guess I would rather have an annoying talker that has to have a camera, than someone being violent and irrational. Either one you just have to let them vent or exert themselves and maintain keeping them in safe environment. It is like fishing you just wait them out and to wear themselves out, then bring them in.

RE: Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - Yukon - 06-03-2020

First, no, that wasn’t me.

I agree the guy seems like a douchebag

From what I saw and how he described the event, it sounds like the Menards staff instigated that. Cops called for trespassing because he didn’t have a mask on the whole time? IF that’s how it really happened, that would be ridiculous to me.

Something tells me he was more agitating to the employees than what’s been revealed in that vid. He definitely sounds like an ‘I need the manager’ type.

Having said all that, I won’t shop there myself due to the mask rule, but I’m not gonna go in there just to cause problems.

RE: Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - PJ - 06-03-2020

I do think that its crap that they sell the masks for $1 each. I wonder what their cost of them are? Either way its dumb.

RE: Menards calls cops on a guy for not wearing a mask - Orion1876 - 06-03-2020

(06-03-2020, 11:27 AM)PJ Wrote: I do think that its crap that they sell the masks for $1 each.  I wonder what their cost of them are? Either way its dumb.

This is a non issue for me due to us not having Menards in Texas.

I have been in a few stores the last couple weeks and it has been a mix of people wearing a mask and people not wearing one.   None of the retailers around me are requiring it more than it already being strongly suggested for my county.