Struggleville Forum
Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? (/thread-163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - Dan The Man - 06-04-2020

I can't figure out if I love this guy or hate his guts.

On one hand, he saves me a ton of money on tool deals.
On the other hand, the deals he posts are mostly too good to pass up and I'm compelled to spend money on stuff I didn't know I needed.

I reviewed my Amazon orders, and I have ordered 19 items from Struggleville deal posts in just the past 6 months.  6 months! And that is only the Amazon orders.

What say you?

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - PJ - 06-04-2020

Wolf in sheeps clothing

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - Orion1876 - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 11:39 AM)PJ Wrote: Wolf in sheeps clothing

That is always an issue when it comes to deals.     Sometimes when it rains deals it pours deals.  With so many deals at times you have to hold off on some to make sure you don't spend too much.

Sometimes you just reach a point where you can't afford to save any more money on tool deals.     Cool

(06-04-2020, 12:04 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: Sometimes you just reach a point where you can't afford to save any more money on tool deals.     Cool

Blasphemy.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-04-2020

Yeah I have been down this same road with PJ myself.

(06-04-2020, 02:53 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Yeah I have been down this same road with PJ myself.

I just need to get back in the habit of selling some things online again.   I use to do the Ebay thing for a while but had issues with Ebay and Paypal at one point.

I have quite a few things I was hoping to possibly sell at a garage sale, but I don't think that will be possible anytime soon.

(06-04-2020, 03:06 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 02:53 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Yeah I have been down this same road with PJ myself.

I just need to get back in the habit of selling some things online again.   I use to do the Ebay thing for a while but had issues with Ebay and Paypal at one point.

I have quite a few things I was hoping to possibly sell at a garage sale, but I don't think that will be possible anytime soon.

I actually went to 2 garage sales today.  One had some nice Milwaukee cordless stuff.... in the garage, not for sale lol.

eBay is going to stop using Paypal soon, I think everyone will be on their own system by the end of July.

(06-04-2020, 05:29 PM)PJ Wrote:

I actually went to 2 garage sales today.  One had some nice Milwaukee cordless stuff.... in the garage, not for sale lol.

eBay is going to stop using Paypal soon, I think everyone will be on their own system by the end of July.

I remember hearing something about that a while ago.   I was just looking in Ebay and there doesn't seem to be an alternative option for accepting payment.  It will be nice to see other options available.

Paypals warranty or protection plan is a joke.  I got screwed on a purchase that I using Paypal and was not able to get a refund unless I shipped the item back.  The problem was they wanted me to ship it back to China, which would cost more than the total I paid for the item.    I was sent a broken device that was an Amazon return and I didn't even order it form Amazon.  It was a bad deal all around with no protection through PayPal.   I even contacted Amazon about it and they were confused how I was sent an Amazon return for a purchase not on Amazon.

RE: Is PJ an angel or the antichrist? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-04-2020

I had an issue a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time ago with PayPal, like way in the beginning. I bought a CDROM from someone in China, they kept jerking me around as to their shipping of it, and long story short it was never shipped. eBay ended up removing the account but PayPal was STILL jerking me around on giving me my money back. I said fine, and disputed the charge with my credit card company. Got my money back immediately.

Think that was the end of they story??? Not quite.

PayPal sent me an e-mail saying how displeased they were that I did that, and if I (paraphrasing) made it a habit they would ban my account.

(06-04-2020, 06:14 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 05:29 PM)PJ Wrote:

I remember hearing something about that a while ago.   I was just looking in Ebay and there doesn't seem to be an alternative option for accepting payment.  It will be nice to see other options available.

Paypals warranty or protection plan is a joke.  I got screwed on a purchase that I using Paypal and was not able to get a refund unless I shipped the item back.  The problem was they wanted me to ship it back to China, which would cost more than the total I paid for the item.    I was sent a broken device that was an Amazon return and I didn't even order it form Amazon.  It was a bad deal all around with no protection through PayPal.   I even contacted Amazon about it and they were confused how I was sent an Amazon return for a purchase not on Amazon.

A lot of times when people have a problem with the order they will contact the seller directly and they end up getting misinformation because the seller obviously doesn't want to deal with the return.  Maybe a year or so ago eBay started automatically accepting returns and if the reason for the return was the sellers fault (item not as described, item arrives broken) then eBay lets the buyer print their own shipping label and charges the seller for the label via their monthly fees.

Maybe the policy is good for buyers but as a seller it annoys me to no end because a buyer can choose any option for the return.  I just got a return for a blu ray that I sold.  Person said I sent the wrong item, they wanted the DVD not the Bluray.  The problem is the picture was a bluray, the title said bluray, the item specifics said bluray.  Doesn't matter, buyer said I sent the wrong item so I had to pay for the return shipping and I had to refund them the original shipping to them.  Given the chance I would of just refunded them and let them keep it since I probably didnt pay anything for it and it would of saved me the cost of return shipping.

I got it back the same day I was mailing Dave's loot box so I am pretty sure I included the bluray in the box.  lol, you're welcome.