Struggleville Forum
Buying the deals? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Buying the deals? (/thread-187.html)

Buying the deals? - Yukon - 06-10-2020

Hey all,

I’m just curious if anyone is taking advantage of any of the deals on the site or emails. 

I would love to buy a bunch of the stuff I’ve seen the last few days, but I can’t be that reckless. 

I bought a couple small things like the cargo net and the little Bluetooth plug-in for the car. Small stuff for sure, but it gave me my fix at the time. 

Anyone else buying stuff?  Turned out good or bad?  Just curious.

RE: Buying the deals? - Yukon - 06-10-2020

Just to add, these are my most recent purchases. They’re Grey Pneumatic Duo sockets and SATA 120xp ratchets.  I was a little skeptical at first, but after using them I like em a lot. 

The ratchet in the Duo set is kinda wonky, but it’s nice they included it. 

The 1/2” SATA ratchet is a tad bulky for my taste, but I love the 3/8”. Haven’t used the 1/4” yet. 

Sorry the pics aren’t better. Bad lighting. I’m using the missing pieces to fix my brakes. 

[Image: aazZMtA.jpg]
[Image: yH920CC.jpg]

RE: Buying the deals? - MiscellaneousDave - 06-10-2020

There was one thing that I saw on the site that I really wanted in the last few days (Craftsman passthru sockets). I missed the Woot deal. So now I have a tear in my beer and my dog hates me.

RE: Buying the deals? - PJ - 06-10-2020

That SATA set looks nice, I saw they have some of their tools on sale on Amazon. I don't know much about them though. I read up about them when I first saw their Amazon store and retained 0% of the information.

I use my bluetooth transmitter every time I drive the Corvette. A nice upgrade without having to change out the stereo... and a lot cheaper.

Woot! releases new deals typically at midnight or 1am cst. Sooo if you're up late thats the best time to look.

RE: Buying the deals? - Yukon - 06-10-2020

SATA is part of Apex tools. They make Gearwrench, Crescent, and several others. SATA stuff is the sister brand to Gearwrench, kinda like Camaro and Firebird. They’re not the best stuff out there by any means, but if you like Gearwrench it’d be worth your time to compare. I bought a set of SATA metric impact sockets a couple months ago that are identical to Gear, just the sizes in the sets can vary since they’re not US oriented.

If you really hawk the prices and have patience, the SATA stuff is cheaper than Gearwrench. Biggest problem is the whole line is not available in the US. Right now, Amazon is their only distributor as far as I know.

This set of ratchets was made in Taiwan, if anyone was wondering.

RE: Buying the deals? - Orion1876 - 06-11-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:01 PM)Yukon Wrote: SATA is part of Apex tools. They make Gearwrench, Crescent, and several others. SATA stuff is the sister brand to Gearwrench, kinda like Camaro and Firebird.  They’re not the best stuff out there by any means, but if you like Gearwrench it’d be worth your time to compare. I bought a set of SATA metric impact sockets a couple months ago that are identical to Gear, just the sizes in the sets can vary since they’re not US oriented.

If you really hawk the prices and have patience, the SATA stuff is cheaper than Gearwrench. Biggest problem is the whole line is not available in the US. Right now, Amazon is their only distributor as far as I know.

This set of ratchets was made in Taiwan, if anyone was wondering.

That is good to know.  I will have to keep that in mind if I find a deal on some SATA tools.  Being from Taiwan is a big plus as well.