Struggleville Forum
Charge it - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Charge it (/thread-192.html)

Charge it - Yukon - 06-10-2020

I think I’m gonna need to build an addition to my garage just to accommodate all my chargers.

Anyone else have this problem?  I have Dewalt, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, Kobalt, Ridgid, and now the Bosch stuff, not to mention my pathetic little cordless dremel (I keep it ready just in case there’s ever ANY use for it....sometime.)And I REALLY want to get into Makita and Ego.  

That’s a lot of chargers. I may need a whole new breaker box, too. 

I should see a therapist. I don’t even have a YouTube channel.  Big Grin

RE: Charge it - PJ - 06-10-2020

I have the exact same problem. My box has to be close to 48 inches because I have the 4ft Zesen power strip in there for all my chargers. Then since every combo kit comes with a charger I also have a few chargers in my office and in the basement. I could fill a tool box with just chargers and batteries.

Someone needs to come out with a universal battery and charger that works with all cordless tools. It'll never happen but a guy can dream.

I'd love to get into Makita too, thats why I bought the DeWALT battery to Makita tool adapter. I want the tools but not more batteries and chargers.

And you should probably start a Youtube channel, might be able to fund your tool purchases!

RE: Charge it - Orion1876 - 06-11-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:32 PM)PJ Wrote: I have the exact same problem.  My box has to be close to 48 inches because I have the 4ft Zesen power strip in there for all my chargers.  Then since every combo kit comes with a charger I also have a few chargers in my office and in the basement.  I could fill a tool box with just chargers and batteries.

Someone needs to come out with a universal battery and charger that works with all cordless tools.  It'll never happen but a guy can dream.

I'd love to get into Makita too, thats why I bought the DeWALT battery to Makita tool adapter.  I want the tools but not more batteries and chargers.

And you should probably start a Youtube channel, might be able to fund your tool purchases!

I currently have one Ryobi, Bosch, Milwaukee, and two Dewalt chargers in the top of my tool chest.   Seems to be convenient to have them all there ready to go.  Just open the lid and flip on the power strip.  I have several more Milwaukee, Dewalt and Ryobi chargers that are backups in case one goes out.  

Its funny how having a charger is a concern when you first get into a tool platform, then overtime you have them all over the place due to they are usually always included in tool deals.

RE: Charge it - PJ - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 10:36 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 11:32 PM)PJ Wrote: I have the exact same problem.  My box has to be close to 48 inches because I have the 4ft Zesen power strip in there for all my chargers.  Then since every combo kit comes with a charger I also have a few chargers in my office and in the basement.  I could fill a tool box with just chargers and batteries.

Someone needs to come out with a universal battery and charger that works with all cordless tools.  It'll never happen but a guy can dream.

I'd love to get into Makita too, thats why I bought the DeWALT battery to Makita tool adapter.  I want the tools but not more batteries and chargers.

I currently have one Ryobi, Bosch, Milwaukee, and two Dewalt chargers in the top of my tool chest.   Seems to be convenient to have them all there ready to go.  Just open the lid and flip on the power strip.  I have several more Milwaukee, Dewalt and Ryobi chargers that are backups in case one goes out.  

Its funny how having a charger is a concern when you first get into a tool platform, then overtime you have them all over the place due to they are usually always included in tool deals.

The chargers usually suck for resale too.  So many of them floating around and unless they are the "travel" style the weight makes them just not profitable.

I have this thing called a Retron5, you can plug in all sorts of old school video games and play them.  Nintendo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy...probably some others.  Anyway I need a cordless tool Retron5.

RE: Charge it - Orion1876 - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 12:33 PM)PJ Wrote:

The chargers usually suck for resale too.  So many of them floating around and unless they are the "travel" style the weight makes them just not profitable.

I have this thing called a Retron5, you can plug in all sorts of old school video games and play them.  Nintendo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy...probably some others.  Anyway I need a cordless tool Retron5.

Its funny you mentioned the Retron5.  I looked into getting a system to play old NES and super NES games a while ago.   I ended up going with two separate systems.  The one that plays Super NES games is from Analog I believe.   It is pretty nice and I was able to get wireless controllers that work with it which was a plus.

As for chargers it seems the best way to sell some is to bundle it in with a new battery or tool I am guessing.   I am planning to sell the 2 ah batteries chargers and bags that I got this morning with the Dewalt brushless sanders and the 1.5 ah battery, charger and bag that was with the oscillating tool.   I am hoping to get close to half my money back once I sell them off as bundles.  Looking at ebay history seems like I should be able to do ok.

RE: Charge it - PJ - 06-12-2020

(06-11-2020, 12:42 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 12:33 PM)PJ Wrote:

Its funny you mentioned the Retron5.  I looked into getting a system to play old NES and super NES games a while ago.   I ended up going with two separate systems.  The one that plays Super NES games is from Analog I believe.   It is pretty nice and I was able to get wireless controllers that work with it which was a plus.

As for chargers it seems the best way to sell some is to bundle it in with a new battery or tool I am guessing.   I am planning to sell the 2 ah batteries chargers and bags that I got this morning with the Dewalt brushless sanders and the 1.5 ah battery, charger and bag that was with the oscillating tool.   I am hoping to get close to half my money back once I sell them off as bundles.  Looking at ebay history seems like I should be able to do ok.

If you bundle it together check and see if its worth including the bag or if adding the bag will make the shipping more expensive than what the bag is adding to the sale.  The battery and charger should be really close to 2lbs.

RE: Charge it - MiscellaneousDave - 06-12-2020

I had this exact same problem. That is the biggest reason I have basically gotten rid of most everything. I am down to 3 now, not including the small flashlight battery chargers.