Struggleville Forum
A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Youtube (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Youtube (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! (/thread-20.html)

A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - PJ - 05-22-2020

I posted this video quite some time ago but its still one of my favorites.  I still have these magnets on this US General cart.  Unfortunately Harbor Freight doesn't do free item coupons for these magnetic bars anymore. (Or for much of anything else for that matter.) They do sell the same magnets in 2 pack for I think a dollar or something.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - Yukon - 05-25-2020

Probably been covered ad nauseum, but I hadn’t seen that video. I totally agree with you about the latch mechanism and the drawer lock sliders. If anyone thinks they’re protecting anything with those locking drawers I have a police report at my shop from a week ago proving just how easy they are to get into.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - PJ - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 01:21 PM)Yukon Wrote: Probably been covered ad nauseum, but I hadn’t seen that video. I totally agree with you about the latch mechanism and the drawer lock sliders. If anyone thinks they’re protecting anything with those locking drawers I have a police report at my shop from a week ago proving just how easy they are to get into.

I'm glad all my tools stay in my garage and I've never had to worry about that stuff.  What a pain in the ass worrying if someone is going to walk off with your tools.  I've noticed they can be quite expensive.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - Orion1876 - 05-25-2020

That is a great modification.

My tool chest is located in my garage as well, so I am not too concerned about needing to keep mine locked either. It would be a pain to have to unlock it every time I need a tool.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - PJ - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 03:04 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: That is a great modification.

My tool chest is located in my garage as well, so I am not too concerned about needing to keep mine locked either.  It would be a pain to have to unlock it every time I need a tool.

I hate even locking my garage.  I swear I never have my keys on me OR I lock my key in the garage and its the same as the key to get into my house... that has created interesting situations more than once.

The only reason I even lock it is because a few years ago the person at the Post Office told me a bunch of people in the area had stuff stolen out of their garage/barn/shed and I had also recently seen a car creeping down the road in the middle of the night with their headlights off. (I actually got in my truck and pulled up as close to behind them as I could, and wrote down their plate number.  They turned their lights on as I approached, sped up and turned on another road.... never saw them again.)

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - delpha80 - 05-25-2020

Has anyone tried this with a large tool box? I have a Mac box and the socket drawer likes to slip out drives me crazy.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - DadBeaulac23 - 05-25-2020

The bottom latch on my 5 Drawer Tool Cart broke off when I was getting it out of the box...

This magnet hack will do the trick when I am moving it around the garage now! Good thing I have a couple of these magnet bars hanging around!

Thanks!

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 01:21 PM)Yukon Wrote: Probably been covered ad nauseum, but I hadn’t seen that video. I totally agree with you about the latch mechanism and the drawer lock sliders. If anyone thinks they’re protecting anything with those locking drawers I have a police report at my shop from a week ago proving just how easy they are to get into.

My dad always said that locks are just meant to keep honest people out.  If they want it they will get it.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-25-2020, 08:32 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

My dad always said that locks are just meant to keep honest people out.  If they want it they will get it.

Very true.   If someone wants something bad enough they will get it.  The key is how long it takes them though.   Usually if it is that hard to get they will pass on it for the easier prey.

RE: A Toolbox Hack That Will Improve Your Life! - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:44 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 08:32 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

Very true.   If someone wants something bad enough they will get it.  The key is how long it takes them though.   Usually if it is that hard to get they will pass on it for the easier prey.

like locking your car doors.