Struggleville Forum
Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: AMAZING Deals! (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: On Topic Deals (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV (/thread-301.html)

Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - Orion1876 - 07-10-2020

The Makita 18v X2 (36V) Reciprocating saw kit is another Makita cordless tool that is currently on clearance at Home Depot.  This saw comes with two 5 ah batteries, dual charger and large tool bag.  This one is a big harder to find compared to t he hammer drill.  There are a few of these still around though.  I was able to find one at a store just down the road.

Was: $348.00

Now: $150.00

Check the inventory of Home Depot stores near you here on BrickSeek

[Image: mc0nITC.jpg?1]

RE: Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - PJ - 07-12-2020

That would be an awesome one to find. The Rockford store I go to shows "Limited Stock" but I was just there 2 days ago so if it is in stock its hidden up top somewhere.

RE: Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - Orion1876 - 07-12-2020

(07-12-2020, 02:03 PM)PJ Wrote: That would be an awesome one to find.  The Rockford store I go to shows "Limited Stock"  but I was just there 2 days ago so if it is in stock its hidden up top somewhere.

Yeah they tend to hide some of the clearance deals up in top stock.  It is technically visible to the public.  They are required to put clearance items out on the floor for a while before employees are allowed to buy them.  Because of this the really great and sometimes expensive clearance items tend to be hidden in plain sight.

I was able to score this deal at a store near me.  The store was showing to have two in stock on BrickSeek and when I called to do a price check.  When I got there I was able to locate one in top stock.  Maybe there was a second one behind it, but I could only see the one.  I have been wanting to get into the Makita platform for a while.  Makita makes a superior chainsaw then Dewalt does.   Cool

RE: Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - PJ - 07-13-2020

(07-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 02:03 PM)PJ Wrote: That would be an awesome one to find.  The Rockford store I go to shows "Limited Stock"  but I was just there 2 days ago so if it is in stock its hidden up top somewhere.

Yeah they tend to hide some of the clearance deals up in top stock.  It is technically visible to the public.  They are required to put clearance items out on the floor for a while before employees are allowed to buy them.  Because of this the really great and sometimes expensive clearance items tend to be hidden in plain sight.

I was able to score this deal at a store near me.  The store was showing to have two in stock on BrickSeek and when I called to do a price check.  When I got there I was able to locate one in top stock.  Maybe there was a second one behind it, but I could only see the one.  I have been wanting to get into the Makita platform for a while.  Makita makes a superior chainsaw then Dewalt does.   Cool

Glad you were able to find one.  Thats a pretty cheap way to get started with Makita.

I was just using my Milwaukee M18 chain saw yesterday.  I've been really happy with that one but its such a battery hog.  Even the 12ah battery doesn't last long.

RE: Home Depot: Makita 18v X2 (36v) Reciprocating saw kit $150.00 YMMV - Orion1876 - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 03:14 PM)PJ Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

Glad you were able to find one.  Thats a pretty cheap way to get started with Makita.

I was just using my Milwaukee M18 chain saw yesterday.  I've been really happy with that one but its such a battery hog.  Even the 12ah battery doesn't last long.

That is good to know.  The Milwaukee is a pretty large saw, which is why it eats through batteries so fast.  Overall the reviews I have heard for the Milwaukee chainsaw are pretty positive.  I decided on the Makita because it is a smaller chainsaw and quite a bit cheaper than the Milwaukee.  Home depot has already put the 10" Makita chainsaw on clearance for $150.00 ($50.00 off the normal price).  With any luck it will get reduced a bit more and I will be able to grab one for $100.00.