Struggleville Forum
Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? (/thread-35.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

Ridgid batteries are lifetime batteries if you buy them in a package deal. Smile

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Yukon - 05-27-2020

After my initial response I’d like to choose Team Makita blue. I always have wanted to dive headfirst into their whole line, but can’t pull the trigger due to prices and hassle of selling off other stuff for the switch out.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Yahoo - 05-27-2020

75% red 25% yellow, I usually just go with the better bang for buck.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - PJ - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 04:28 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:24 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:44 AM)JFeeney Wrote: Team Yellow - I received a 12v Combo set with Drill and Driver as a gift many years ago. They replaced an ancient Craftsman 14v drill. They were solid for light duty work but I really needed something beefier so I upgraded to their 20v line. I've delved deep with Drill, Impact Driver, Router, Reciprocating  Saw, Oscillating Tool, and Angle Grinder - between finding deals and gifts it seems like I've been getting a tool or two a year.  I also have corded Jig Saw and Reciprocating Saw too.

Because of the Bosch's BreakUp2TradeUp giveaway and a deal I found here I now have their 18v Jig Saw and Circular Saw.

That being said - I've used Milwaukee and liked them. But with some much invested in DeWalt it doesn't make sense to switch.

Especially with the price of batteries and the fact that they won't last forever its tough to be invested in more than one brand.  Just gets really expensive quickly.  Thats what I like about the battery adapters.  They may not be practical in all circumstances but I bought the DeWALT battery to Milwaukee tool one and the DeWALT battery to Makita tool one and it was a cheap way for me to take advantage of deals in other platforms.  Especially when I can then sell off the batteries that came with the combos of the other brands.

(05-26-2020, 12:56 PM)delpha80 Wrote: Would like to get into either, currently in hyper tough because a 40 dollar 4 tool kit was to cheap. They work pretty good but the batteries are small.  My dad is red and I love using them when in NY. They have great power and battery life. When I upgrade it will be to yellow probably because they seem to have more deals.

Usually DeWALT has the best promotions, thats how I originally got into the 20v line up.  Its been really weird this year though because Milwaukee has had tons of promos going and DeWALT has been near silent.  I'm not sure if it virus related or for some other reason.  I'm hoping DeWALT ramps the deals back up soon.  They did just start the free 3ah starter kit thats available at HD and looks like Lowes will have it... which means a bunch of other retailers will probably do the promo too at some point.

Please keep us posted on what your experience is with using the battery adapters.  I am interested in how well they work and if they could cause any damage to tools or batteries.

I have seen a few reviews stating the use of a battery adapter caused a tool or battery to stop working so I am holding off getting any battery adapters for the time being.

I have used the DeWALT battery to Milwaukee tool one quite a bit.  Havent had any problems other than it doesnt fit for some tools.  For instance I cant use the DeWALT flexvolt on the Milwaukee weedwacker because it hits part of the housing.  I'll let you know if anything comes up.  I am more worried about dropping a tool with the adapter on it and the adapter breaking.

I havent used the Makita one.  I bought it because i really want some Makita tools I just haven't found a deal that I wanted to pull the trigger on yet.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - PJ - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 10:03 PM)Yahoo Wrote: 75% red 25% yellow, I usually just go with the better bang for buck.

Thats how I ended up being in the Milwaukee M18 line up.  Farm & Fleet deal, the high torque impact with... 2 5ah batteries for like $199 or something? Don't remember exactly but it was one of those I'd be a fool not to buy this kind of things.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:14 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 04:28 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:24 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:44 AM)JFeeney Wrote: Team Yellow - I received a 12v Combo set with Drill and Driver as a gift many years ago. They replaced an ancient Craftsman 14v drill. They were solid for light duty work but I really needed something beefier so I upgraded to their 20v line. I've delved deep with Drill, Impact Driver, Router, Reciprocating  Saw, Oscillating Tool, and Angle Grinder - between finding deals and gifts it seems like I've been getting a tool or two a year.  I also have corded Jig Saw and Reciprocating Saw too.

Because of the Bosch's BreakUp2TradeUp giveaway and a deal I found here I now have their 18v Jig Saw and Circular Saw.

That being said - I've used Milwaukee and liked them. But with some much invested in DeWalt it doesn't make sense to switch.

Especially with the price of batteries and the fact that they won't last forever its tough to be invested in more than one brand.  Just gets really expensive quickly.  Thats what I like about the battery adapters.  They may not be practical in all circumstances but I bought the DeWALT battery to Milwaukee tool one and the DeWALT battery to Makita tool one and it was a cheap way for me to take advantage of deals in other platforms.  Especially when I can then sell off the batteries that came with the combos of the other brands.

(05-26-2020, 12:56 PM)delpha80 Wrote: Would like to get into either, currently in hyper tough because a 40 dollar 4 tool kit was to cheap. They work pretty good but the batteries are small.  My dad is red and I love using them when in NY. They have great power and battery life. When I upgrade it will be to yellow probably because they seem to have more deals.

Usually DeWALT has the best promotions, thats how I originally got into the 20v line up.  Its been really weird this year though because Milwaukee has had tons of promos going and DeWALT has been near silent.  I'm not sure if it virus related or for some other reason.  I'm hoping DeWALT ramps the deals back up soon.  They did just start the free 3ah starter kit thats available at HD and looks like Lowes will have it... which means a bunch of other retailers will probably do the promo too at some point.

Please keep us posted on what your experience is with using the battery adapters.  I am interested in how well they work and if they could cause any damage to tools or batteries.

I have seen a few reviews stating the use of a battery adapter caused a tool or battery to stop working so I am holding off getting any battery adapters for the time being.

I have used the DeWALT battery to Milwaukee tool one quite a bit.  Havent had any problems other than it doesnt fit for some tools.  For instance I cant use the DeWALT flexvolt on the Milwaukee weedwacker because it hits part of the housing.  I'll let you know if anything comes up.  I am more worried about dropping a tool with the adapter on it and the adapter breaking.

I havent used the Makita one.  I bought it because i really want some Makita tools I just haven't found a deal that I wanted to pull the trigger on yet.

I am interested in an adapter for the same reason.   I have Milwaukee and Dewalt tools currently, and I like some of the Makita tools.

From what I understand the Makita stick vac does a much better job than the small Dewalt vacuum or the M12 Milwaukee.

Home Depot has pretty good promos on Makita tools from time to time, and many times you can find a few of them left on the clearance shelf after a couple month for an even better deal.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Yahoo - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:16 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 10:03 PM)Yahoo Wrote: 75% red 25% yellow, I usually just go with the better bang for buck.

Thats how I ended up being in the Milwaukee M18 line up.  Farm & Fleet deal, the high torque impact with... 2 5ah batteries for like $199 or something? Don't remember exactly but it was one of those I'd be a fool not to buy this kind of things.

You got me into the M18 line when International tool did the Gen 3 impact, hammer drill kit with a free mid torque impact wrench AND a free hoodie for $299! Best deal I've gotten yet.

(05-28-2020, 11:00 AM)Yahoo Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 11:16 PM)PJ Wrote:

You got me into the M18 line when International tool did the Gen 3 impact, hammer drill kit with a free mid torque impact wrench AND a free hoodie for $299! Best deal I've gotten yet.

I got into the M18 line because Farm and fleet had the M18 fuel hackzall for $150.00 with a 5 ah battery.   I was needing it to cut some limbs and it has worked great.   I have to recommend the M18 fuel hackzall.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Yukon - 05-28-2020

The Home Depot near me always looks like a plague of tool locusts had attacked earlier. There’s never anything leftover from sales, Makita or otherwise.

(05-28-2020, 11:35 AM)Yukon Wrote: The Home Depot near me always looks like a plague of tool locusts had attacked earlier. There’s never anything leftover from sales, Makita or otherwise.

I know what you mean.  Many of the stores around here are like that.  The key is to find a store that is a little bit more hidden and hopefully has less people going through it on a daily basis.

It is not consistent by any means.  I have seen posting on Instagram of people finding M18 fuel super sawzall for $125.00.  That is nuts, I have never been able to find a deal that good on clearance near me.