Struggleville Forum
Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? (/thread-35.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

Lowe's is about 10 miles from my house and the nearest Home Depot is about 2.5 times that, so I don't get there much. That said I don't find anything that I really like on clearance at Lowe's (tools and non-tools alike).

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 12:15 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Lowe's is about 10 miles from my house and the nearest Home Depot is about 2.5 times that, so I don't get there much.  That said I don't find anything that I really like on clearance at Lowe's (tools and non-tools alike).

I think the trick with Lowes clearance is to find it online and do a store pickup.   It just never seems possible to find clearance items in store.  They always seem to hide then or don't label them with their current price.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 12:18 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:15 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Lowe's is about 10 miles from my house and the nearest Home Depot is about 2.5 times that, so I don't get there much.  That said I don't find anything that I really like on clearance at Lowe's (tools and non-tools alike).

I think the trick with Lowes clearance is to find it online and do a store pickup.   It just never seems possible to find clearance items in store.  They always seem to hide then or don't label them with their current price.

I don't think I have ever found a Lowes clearance item on line then went to the store and actually found it.  All my in store clearance finds have been from just random walking around.

Lowes does have some decent clearance deals though.  I have had a few buy online pick up in store that turned out to be AMAZING deals.

RE: Team RED Or Team YELLOW? - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:57 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:18 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I don't think I have ever found a Lowes clearance item on line then went to the store and actually found it.  All my in store clearance finds have been from just random walking around.

Lowes does have some decent clearance deals though.  I have had a few buy online pick up in store that turned out to be AMAZING deals.

My local Lowes has had a few errors in the past.  One of which was putting a bunch of Kobalt tools on clearance and then not taking it out of the system.  So when they got a new batch of those tools in for Fathers day one year, they showed up as still being on clearance at 75% off.  Apparently I caused a bit of a stir at the store when I ordered a few of the things.

Then apparently some associates tried to take advantage I believe what the lady told me when I was picking up my order.   Since then I have tried to check lowes every so often, and on occasion I have been able to find other clearance deals.   The last one I found was the Energetic colored LED bulbs.    I think they are normally 4 to 6 dollars and I was able to get a few for a dollar.

Persistence pays off with Lowes on occasion.    Cool