Struggleville Forum
New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 (/thread-36.html)

Pages: 1 2

New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - PJ - 05-24-2020

In this case the term new is relative.  Milwaukee recently sent out an e-mail with information on this Packout box calling it "New".  As far as I can tell it has been out since at least March, so relatively new.  Here are some pictures and stats on this box:

[Image: df1lGyY.png]
[Image: rOigX7D.png][Image: a9bTlsL.png]

Impact Resistant Body

IP65 Rated Weather Seal

Quick-Adjust Dividers

75lbs Weight Capacity

Interior Storage Tray

Metal Reinforced Locking Point

Mounting Location for the ONE-KEY™ TICK™

Heavy Duty Latches

Reinforced Hinge

Integrated Top Handle

Modular Connectivity with ALL PACKOUT™ Components

It seems like an interesting box and the reviews on it are really positive.  Really the reviews for just about any Packout box are pretty positive.  The cheap ass in me just hasn't been able to pull the trigger on any Packout item.  

Most retailers have them available here are a couple:

Home Depot
Ohio Power Tools
Acme Tools

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - Orion1876 - 05-25-2020

There have been some great packout deals this year. Home Depot has had big sales on packout in select stores. They seem to be trying to drastically reduce the stock of packout in stores. Hopefully there are more sales on packout to come.

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - PJ - 05-25-2020

I can't remember if it was around black friday or another time but I went into the nearest HD and they had ROWS of the rolling packout kit, i think it was a 3 piece set for maybe $199? Total guess. Was still too pricey for me but I thought with all that stock at some point the price is going to go down.... I never went back to check though.

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - MiscellaneousDave - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 09:49 PM)PJ Wrote: I can't remember if it was around black friday or another time but I went into the nearest HD and they had ROWS of the rolling packout kit, i think it was a 3 piece set for maybe $199? Total guess.  Was still too pricey for me but I thought with all that stock at some point the price is going to go down.... I never went back to check though.

Yeah I remember that.  I like to concept of the boxes........  a LOT.....  I just can't justify:

1. The storage of them
  2. Yet ANOTHER set of tools I would have to buy for ANOTHER box (First my main toolbox, then my US General 5 drawer, then this?!?!!)

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - Orion1876 - 05-26-2020

(05-25-2020, 09:51 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:49 PM)PJ Wrote: I can't remember if it was around black friday or another time but I went into the nearest HD and they had ROWS of the rolling packout kit, i think it was a 3 piece set for maybe $199? Total guess.  Was still too pricey for me but I thought with all that stock at some point the price is going to go down.... I never went back to check though.

Yeah I remember that.  I like to concept of the boxes........  a LOT.....  I just can't justify:

1. The storage of them
  2. Yet ANOTHER set of tools I would have to buy for ANOTHER box (First my main toolbox, then my US General 5 drawer, then this?!?!!)

I agree they are normally way too expensive.  The rumor is that all of the packout in the Home Depot from last Christmas must be sold before next Christmas.

I purchased the rolling packout box for $65.00 when it was randomly on sale.  The only reason I ended up getting one is because it will be helpful to transport tools when I head out to the property for the weekend.  We tend to have a fair amount of work to do out there every year around deer season.  We are still planning to build one or two more deer blinds in the future.

On a different note I understand the Dewalt Tough system 2.0 is expected to come out fairly soon and when it does all of the Tough system 1.0 are expected to become deeply discounted.

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:32 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: On a different note I understand the Dewalt Tough system 2.0 is expected to come out fairly soon and when it does all of the Tough system 1.0 are expected to become deeply discounted.

And let me guess.  I bet one isn't backward compatible with the other.  Smile

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - Orion1876 - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:04 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:32 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: On a different note I understand the Dewalt Tough system 2.0 is expected to come out fairly soon and when it does all of the Tough system 1.0 are expected to become deeply discounted.

I had the same thought when I first heard there will be a new generation of Tough system boxes.

In actually Tough System 2.0 is suppose to be compatible with 1.0 boxes.  The rumor is 2.0 boxes will have two ways to attach the boxes together.

The 1.0 boxes are expected to be cleared out to make room for the new 2.0 boxes on the self.   There of course will be a price increase on the 2.0 boxes compared to the normal 1.0 box prices I am sure.

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:13 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: There of course will be a price increase on the 2.0 boxes compared to the normal 1.0 box prices I am sure.

Oh you know it. Smile

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - PJ - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:13 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:04 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

I had the same thought when I first heard there will be a new generation of Tough system boxes.

In actually Tough System 2.0 is suppose to be compatible with 1.0 boxes.  The rumor is 2.0 boxes will have two ways to attach the boxes together.

The 1.0 boxes are expected to be cleared out to make room for the new 2.0 boxes on the self.   There of course will be a price increase on the 2.0 boxes compared to the normal 1.0 box prices I am sure.

It would be great to catch a deal on one of the old ones at Home Depot while Menards is having an 11% sale to get that match.  You can only get the match if you buy in store so hopefully this covid crap is over soon... standing in line to wait to get into a store and having to wear a mask is not my thing.

RE: New - MILWAUKEE PACKOUT COMPACT TOOL BOX (AMMO STYLE) 48-22-8422 - Andrew - 05-27-2020

Kind of upset that this is just barely too small to hold the rear handle saw. There is no elegant storage solution for it! (If you guys know one, let me know!)