Struggleville Forum
your ads are killing me! - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Help! (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Help & How To (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: your ads are killing me! (/thread-61.html)

Pages: 1 2

your ads are killing me! - hot_wheels - 05-25-2020

Fyi it was a little hard to sign up for the forum. I filled something out which i thought was for forum but started to question when it wanted my credit card info! Now ill probably get more spam.

RE: your ads are killing me! - PJ - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 06:52 PM)hot_wheels Wrote: Fyi it was a little hard to sign up for the forum. I filled something out which i thought was for forum but started to question when it wanted my credit card info! Now ill probably get more spam.

Yeah there is a banner ad at the top of the screen and one at the bottom.  Gotta pay the bills ya know.  Cool

RE: your ads are killing me! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-25-2020, 07:49 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 06:52 PM)hot_wheels Wrote: Fyi it was a little hard to sign up for the forum. I filled something out which i thought was for forum but started to question when it wanted my credit card info! Now ill probably get more spam.

Yeah there is a banner ad at the top of the screen and one at the bottom.  Gotta pay the bills ya know.  Cool

Ad driven seems to be the way it is done these days.  As long as the ads don't get so embedded so much that it ruins the content its all good.

Some web sites have the ads pretty invasive but not Struggleville.

RE: your ads are killing me! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

The way YouTube handles their ads is a little frustrating at times, but usually not too bad.

RE: your ads are killing me! - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 12:11 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The way YouTube handles their ads is a little frustrating at times, but usually not too bad.

I tried watching a 10 min video last night and I swear I had to watch 25 ads to get through it.  Once over 10 mins Youtube allows ads in the middle of the video, thats why you see people purposefully stretch a video to 10min+.  At that point people can manually place basically as many ads as they want.  I always use automatic placement because I am lazy.  So I have no idea if everyone also get 25 ads on my video or 1

RE: your ads are killing me! - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 03:54 PM)PJ Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:11 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: The way YouTube handles their ads is a little frustrating at times, but usually not too bad.

I tried watching a 10 min video last night and I swear I had to watch 25 ads to get through it.  Once over 10 mins Youtube allows ads in the middle of the video, thats why you see people purposefully stretch a video to 10min+.  At that point people can manually place basically as many ads as they want.  I always use automatic placement because I am lazy.  So I have no idea if everyone also get 25 ads on my video or 1

Depending on the length I think I typically see 1 or 2 ads or so in your videos not counting the intro ad.   I never keep track, so it is hard to give an exact number. 

I h ave noticed the more popular the channel then there tends to be more ads.  When people post a hour long video than I think it is at least five ads possibly more.  Sometimes it feels like the ads are very frequent in longer videos.   A few times I have seen it put them back to back.  Talk about being a pain.  Having to watch two ads before you can get back to the video is a bit much.

RE: your ads are killing me! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

For some reason, your first video this week of the daily tool deals had a TON of commercials, like I had never seen before.  It was crazy.

RE: your ads are killing me! - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 07:03 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

For some reason, your first video this week of the daily tool deals had a TON of commercials, like I had never seen before.  It was crazy.

All Youtubes fault.  

You know how you see the little yellow check mark in the progression bar that shows you when an ad will play in the video.  Sometimes on really long videos you will see people load up the ads in the first 1/3 or so of the video then the rest has no ads at all.  Most people aren't watching by the end so I guess they figure why bother.

RE: your ads are killing me! - MiscellaneousDave - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:56 PM)PJ Wrote: All Youtubes fault.  

You know how you see the little yellow check mark in the progression bar that shows you when an ad will play in the video.  Sometimes on really long videos you will see people load up the ads in the first 1/3 or so of the video then the rest has no ads at all.  Most people aren't watching by the end so I guess they figure why bother.

I blame you!.  lol

RE: your ads are killing me! - Orion1876 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:16 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 11:56 PM)PJ Wrote: All Youtubes fault.  

I blame you!.  lol

LOL YouTube needs to calm the adds a bit at times clearly