Struggleville Forum
Headlight mod - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Headlight mod (/thread-65.html)

Headlight mod - MiscellaneousDave - 05-25-2020

I spent some time trying to find a headlight that had the features I wanted for my Expedition.  I FINALLY found exactly what I wanted!!!  Great news right???

Wrong.....

The company is in Ecuador and doesn't export.  Sad  Check these things out though.  BADASS.

RE: Headlight mod - PJ - 05-25-2020

A. Those are pretty awesome, I like how the turn signals work.

B. How the hell do they make any money if they make the product in Ecuador and don't export? Ecuador has a few million people. The US has over 300 million. Seems like a wise business decision to open things up.

Also they are probably made in China (Everything else is), maybe you can find it under a different brand name on ebay, amazon, alibaba, aliexpress something like that?

RE: Headlight mod - MiscellaneousDave - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 09:33 PM)PJ Wrote: A. Those are pretty awesome, I like how the turn signals work.

B.  How the hell do they make any money if they make the product in Ecuador and don't export?  Ecuador has a few million people.  The US has over 300 million.  Seems like a wise business decision to open things up.

Also they are probably made in China (Everything else is), maybe you can find it under a different brand name on ebay, amazon, alibaba, aliexpress something like that?

The turn signals are far and away my favorite part.

They actually said that they don't make these lights.  They RETROFIT the existing lights to do this.  So each time they do this I guess it is a unique thing.  I would love to send them 2 new headlight shells and say "DO THAT TO THESE AND SEND THEM BACK TO ME", but they don't seem to.  I will keep looking, but there really don't seem to be many out there that do all of these features.

RE: Headlight mod - PJ - 05-26-2020

(05-25-2020, 09:37 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:33 PM)PJ Wrote: A. Those are pretty awesome, I like how the turn signals work.

B.  How the hell do they make any money if they make the product in Ecuador and don't export?  Ecuador has a few million people.  The US has over 300 million.  Seems like a wise business decision to open things up.

The turn signals are far and away my favorite part.

They actually said that they don't make these lights.  They RETROFIT the existing lights to do this.  So each time they do this I guess it is a unique thing.  I would love to send them 2 new headlight shells and say "DO THAT TO THESE AND SEND THEM BACK TO ME", but they don't seem to.  I will keep looking, but there really don't seem to be many out there that do all of these features.

Thats surprising.  Not like its a rare or exotic car, you'd think several companies would be making these types of accessories.

RE: Headlight mod - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

I felt the same. Especially these days where everyone is going LED.

RE: Headlight mod - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-26-2020, 08:36 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: I felt the same.  Especially these days where everyone is going LED.

LED is the new thing.  Well at least for now.  Never know what might be next.

RE: Headlight mod - MiscellaneousDave - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:34 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:36 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: I felt the same.  Especially these days where everyone is going LED.

LED is the new thing.  Well at least for now.  Never know what might be next.
I know I have been changing my stuff over to LED.  Well most of it.