Struggleville Forum
Dewalt tools what are they good for. - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Dewalt tools what are they good for. (/thread-68.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dewalt tools what are they good for. - Chickenhawk - 05-25-2020

I have been a big dewalt fan for a long time. 
I only have a few of there power tools what are some of the  best tools. I have the impact drive 20v , circle saw 20v, reciprocating saw 18v, and drill 18v. What should I add next.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - PJ - 05-25-2020

If you don't have a cordless impact wrench that would be high on my list of things to get. My DeWALT impact is the 3/8" and it has decent power. Takes the lugs off the Corvette and Caprice. (Never tried is on the truck, 140ft lb vs about 100ft lb on the cars.)

I definitely would NOT recommend the heat gun. Doesn't get hot enough and the fan barely pushes any air. I like it for my solder seal connections but I am not sure I have been happy with it in any other circumstances.

Out where you live you might like the 10" chain saw for some light duty cutting.

I really like the oscillating tool too. All sorts of uses for those things.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - JFeeney - 05-26-2020

In really like the 20v Router. It’s not super powerful but does the job. I love not having to be tethered with a cord.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - PJ - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 02:28 AM)JFeeney Wrote: In really like the 20v Router. It’s not super powerful but does the job. I love not having to be tethered with a cord.

Good call on the router [Image: thumbsup.png]

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - Orion1876 - 05-26-2020

One of my favorite Dewalt tools is the 20v inflator. It is very easy to use and is dual power. It can be run off of 20v batteries or with the power adapter that is sold separately.

I have used it a lot to air up car tires, trailer tires, and the occasional air mattress, football, and basketball.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

When I saw the title of this thread, all I could think to say is "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" (after the song "War, what is it good for"). Smile

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - MaintenanceGuyMD - 05-26-2020

I have an old Dewalt 1/4 inch impact driver that I've been using for everything from driving screws to removing and tighten lug nuts. It came with only 2 AH batteries, but it's held up for over 5 years now.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - Yukon - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:41 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: When I saw the title of this thread, all I could think to say is "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" (after the song "War, what is it good for").  Smile

First thing I thought of, too. 

Say it again!

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - PJ - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 10:10 PM)MaintenanceGuyMD Wrote: I have an old Dewalt 1/4 inch impact driver that I've been using for everything from driving screws to removing and tighten lug nuts.  It came with only 2 AH batteries, but it's held up for over 5 years now.

I have been impressed with all the DeWALT tools I have bought, haven't broke one yet.

No that was a lie as I typed I realized the hose broke on their cordless vacuum... they did send me a new one though.

RE: Dewalt tools what are they good for. - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 03:38 AM)PJ Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 10:10 PM)MaintenanceGuyMD Wrote: I have an old Dewalt 1/4 inch impact driver that I've been using for everything from driving screws to removing and tighten lug nuts.  It came with only 2 AH batteries, but it's held up for over 5 years now.

I have been impressed with all the DeWALT tools I have bought, haven't broke one yet.

No that was a lie as I typed I realized the hose broke on their cordless vacuum... they did send me a new one though.

I have not had any of my Dewalt tools fail either.  I believe that is due in part because I am not very hard on my tools.  Being a home DIYer I don't think I am pushing them to their limit.  They are after all suppose to be contractor quality tools.   Cool