Struggleville Forum
What do you guys think of Ryobi? - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you guys think of Ryobi? (/thread-75.html)

Pages: 1 2

What do you guys think of Ryobi? - dan - 05-26-2020

I know mostly of all the big brands out there but been wanting to give Ryobi a shot. Before I do, I was wanting to see if some of you uys have had any experience with them (good or bad)

RE: What do you guys think of Ryobi? - Orion1876 - 05-26-2020

The quality of Ryobi seems to be a lot better now with the brushless tools than it was with the old blue tools.

I have a few Ryobi tools and they have been just fine for small jobs around the house.

My dad only uses Ryobi power tools and has for quite some time with no problems.

RE: What do you guys think of Ryobi? - MiscellaneousDave - 05-26-2020

I own none of their tools, but I know someone that just purchased some (Home use, VERY light DIY if any), and he is really happy with them.

The benefit with Ryobi is that it is a very expansive line of tools and they have a few tools that other brands don't have.

a good example of this is the Ryobi hot glue gun. A hot glue gun is not a major tool, yet it is very nice to have a cordless glue gun.

(05-26-2020, 11:45 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: The benefit with Ryobi is that it is a very expansive line of tools and they have a few tools that other brands don't have.

a good example of this is the Ryobi hot glue gun.  A hot glue gun is not a major tool, yet it is very nice to have a cordless glue gun.

They also have a REALLY big fan that I am considering too, since I have their 6 battery charger (and batteries obviously).  I have 2 fans made by Artic Cool which users Ryobi batteries.  I use them for my daughters softball games.  Smile

(05-26-2020, 11:47 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:45 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: The benefit with Ryobi is that it is a very expansive line of tools and they have a few tools that other brands don't have.

a good example of this is the Ryobi hot glue gun.  A hot glue gun is not a major tool, yet it is very nice to have a cordless glue gun.

They also have a REALLY big fan that I am considering too, since I have their 6 battery charger (and batteries obviously).  I have 2 fans made by Artic Cool which users Ryobi batteries.  I use them for my daughters softball games.  Smile

That large fan is another great tool.  It would be very nice to have when spending time outside in the Texas summer heat.

(05-26-2020, 11:56 AM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:47 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:

That large fan is another great tool.  It would be very nice to have when spending time outside in the Texas summer heat.

Yeah I have a big belt driven fan that I use when working on the cars in the Florida heat, but on the fields electricity is hard to come by.  Smile

RE: What do you guys think of Ryobi? - MaintenanceGuyMD - 05-26-2020

Don't have any, but they seem like a good system with a good choice of tools.

RE: What do you guys think of Ryobi? - PJ - 05-26-2020

Also, Ryobi has some of the cheapest tools of any brand. Especially if you catch a good free bare tool or free starter kit deal.

As for experience with their tools, I got a free Ryobi 18v ONE+ (or whatever they call it) at a garage sale. No battery, no charger. All I can tell you is its light and it had grass all over it so it worked for somebody at some time.

RE: What do you guys think of Ryobi? - Orion1876 - 06-01-2020

(05-26-2020, 11:55 PM)PJ Wrote: Also, Ryobi has some of the cheapest tools of any brand.  Especially if you catch a good free bare tool or free starter kit deal.

As for experience with their tools, I got a free Ryobi 18v ONE+ (or whatever they call it) at a garage sale.  No battery, no charger.  All I can tell you is its light and it had grass all over it so it worked for somebody at some time.

They seem to have some really great tools, and others that I wonder why they made them.  An example of this is the new 3/8 brushed drill that is coming out.  It just doesn't seem to make no sense these days now that everything is going brushless.

At the same time I just saw a video of a Ryobi PVC pipe cutter that looked pretty handy.