Struggleville Forum
Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Hiding From The Wife (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold (/thread-98.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - Orion1876 - 05-27-2020

I recently placed an order for some paper towels a few days ago.  I was excited I was able to find them available for order.

Sadly I got an email on Monday saying my order was on back order, and then Walmart sent me an email today stating my order has been cancelled.

I guess it is just a sign of the times we are in right now.

I just don't understand why there is a need to cancel these type of orders.  It was in stock when I placed the order, why not keep it on back order for a while or give the customer the option to keep the order or cancel it.

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 06:13 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: I recently placed an order for some paper towels a few days ago.  I was excited I was able to find them available for order.

Sadly I got an email on Monday saying my order was on back order, and then Walmart sent me an email today stating my order has been cancelled.

I just don't understand why there is a need to cancel these type of orders.  It was in stock when I placed the order, why not keep it on back order for a while or give the customer the option to keep the order or cancel it.
I don't understand why the paper products were ever out to begin with.

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - Orion1876 - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 07:01 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 06:13 PM)Orion1876 Wrote: I recently placed an order for some paper towels a few days ago.  I was excited I was able to find them available for order.

I don't understand why the paper products were ever out to begin with.

The simple answer is unhealthy paranoia.   Even firearms are sold out pretty much everywhere.   Apparently some think they need firepower to protect themselves from this virus.  lol

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - MiscellaneousDave - 05-27-2020

Paranoia from what though??? Guns can kind of be explained under paranoia.

(05-27-2020, 07:35 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Paranoia from what though???  Guns can kind of be explained under paranoia.

I guess a fear of being under lock down.  They are scared certain every day items won't be available if all stores were closed.

Turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Now they are not available regardless.

(05-27-2020, 07:44 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 07:35 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Paranoia from what though???  Guns can kind of be explained under paranoia.

I guess a fear of being under lock down.  They are scared certain every day items won't be available if all stores were closed.

Turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Now they are not available regardless.

I don't know.  You could always use rags, dish towels, etc.

Who said people were smart though.  Smile

(05-27-2020, 08:40 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 07:44 PM)Orion1876 Wrote:

I don't know.  You could always use rags, dish towels, etc.

Who said people were smart though.  Smile

This is true.   Sadly the sale of Corona Beer has also dropped sharply this year due to fear of the virus as well.   Cool

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - Yukon - 05-27-2020

It must be a regional thing. My area is stocked back up on paper towels and tp.

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - PJ - 05-27-2020

What I dont get is people are buying up all the paper products now but in theory they shouldn't be using any more than they were using before. So masses of people have closets full of toilet paper. In a few months we should see stores unable to give away toilet paper.

Also barrels of oil were negative at one point and yet gas prices are still over $2 a gallon. Whats up with that? Oh yeah, the great pleasure of paying Illinois taxes. Asked and answered.

RE: Paper Towel order are worth their weight in gold - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:06 PM)PJ Wrote: What I dont get is people are buying up all the paper products now but in theory they shouldn't be using any more than they were using before.  So masses of people have closets full of toilet paper.  In a few months we should see stores unable to give away toilet paper.

Also barrels of oil were negative at one point and yet gas prices are still over $2 a gallon.  Whats up with that?  Oh yeah, the great pleasure of paying Illinois taxes.  Asked and answered.

Very true.  At some point the supply will surpass the demand for paper products.  Glad to hear some areas are doing much better, apparently the closest are larger in Texas, because the hording has not stopped quite yet.

Also the last couple of days the stock market seems to be going up quite a bit.  There seems to be a lot of faith in the market that we are going to make a quick recovery from the virus lock down.