Struggleville Forum
Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Yahoo - 05-27-2020

Sup guys, just seeing if yall have any good ideas on how one would mount this ladder to a packout box. I wish the little metal piece at the bottom of the bottom box could slide out and make a tray for cases like this.

[Image: red-milwaukee-portable-tool-boxes-233663-64-1000.jpg]

[Image: gorilla-ladders-multi-position-ladders-g...4-1000.jpg]

The ladder is about 3.5ft tall when in the folded/storage position. 

Thanks

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - PJ - 05-27-2020

I am not familiar enough with the Packout stuff to know, can you slide anything underneath the bottom Packout box?

Can you ratchet strap it to the front securing on those corner supports/handles?

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Orion1876 - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:19 PM)PJ Wrote: I am not familiar enough with the Packout stuff to know, can you slide anything underneath the bottom Packout box?

Can you ratchet strap it to the front securing on those corner supports/handles?

That is a tough one.   My first thought would be to have clamping brackets mounting on the front, but due to the length and width of the later that might not fit or stay clamped on too well.

I would suggest searching YouTube for Packout mods if you have not all ready done so.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

Would need dimensions of both items.

(05-28-2020, 10:13 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Would need dimensions of both items.

The more I think about it mounting clamp brackets on a couple of the boxes should work.   The kind of bracket I am thinking about is the kind that are used to hold shovels and such.  Seems like those would work if they can be found large enough to hold a leg of the ladder.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Yahoo - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:23 AM)Orion1876 Wrote: The more I think about it mounting clamp brackets on a couple of the boxes should work.   The kind of bracket I am thinking about is the kind that are used to hold shovels and such.  Seems like those would work if they can be found large enough to hold a leg of the ladder.

Thats what I'm thinking, I would just hate to drill into the box. I was thinking of 3D printing some brackets that would lock into the packout system but I don't even have a 3D printer lol.

Excuse the crude drawing

[Image: packout.jpg]

cadillac symbol

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Yahoo - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 11:19 PM)PJ Wrote: I am not familiar enough with the Packout stuff to know, can you slide anything underneath the bottom Packout box?

I guess I could ratchet strap it but I want something faster. I would prefer it to hang off some hooks and just bungee cord the bottom to prevent it from sliding around.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - MiscellaneousDave - 05-28-2020

That is an amazing illustration there. lol!!! Smile

You could always go with Harbor Freight hooks that PJ talks about all of the time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/hardware/hooks-clips/l-shape-hang-all-2-pk-68997.html

(05-28-2020, 10:57 AM)Yahoo Wrote:

I guess I could ratchet strap it but I want something faster. I would prefer it to hang off some hooks and just bungee cord the bottom to prevent it from sliding around.

Another thought could be to attach a base or bin that the ladder would rest in towards the bottom of the rolling box.  Then put a couple hooks on the highest box to attach a bungee cord.  That should be pretty fast and easy.   Well as long as you can find a bungee that could hold the weight.   May need a couple bungee.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - PJ - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:58 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: That is an amazing illustration there.  lol!!! Smile

You could always go with Harbor Freight hooks that PJ talks about all of the time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/hardware/hooks-clips/l-shape-hang-all-2-pk-68997.html

I can tell your 100% they can support the weight of that ladder.  My ladder is the same style but a bit bigger.  Its over the stated weight limit of the hooks but I have had it up for probably close to a year now without any problems.

Can you sneak anything between the boxes?  If you could run some sort of bar/rod between the boxes and have it attached to the vericals on the back side and sticking out the front side for the ladder to sit on?

I'm going to HD to buy this set up so we can figure this out... then I'll return it.