Struggleville Forum
Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Printable Version

+- Struggleville Forum (https://struggleville.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Shop Talk (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Enter The Shop (https://struggleville.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout (/thread-99.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Orion1876 - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 09:09 AM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: You probably thought I was kidding....

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13]

lol   maybe a little bit.    Cool

I wasn't even sure if they still sell it.   I don't seem to see it for sale much anymore.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - MiscellaneousDave - 06-04-2020

It was about as I remembered it. Didn't taste horrible, just weird since it wasn't cold.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - PJ - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 02:54 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: It was about as I remembered it.  Didn't taste horrible, just weird since it wasn't cold.

Can you put it in the freezer before eating it or does that ruin the entire concept?

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - MiscellaneousDave - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 05:30 PM)PJ Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 02:54 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: It was about as I remembered it.  Didn't taste horrible, just weird since it wasn't cold.

Can you put it in the freezer before eating it or does that ruin the entire concept?

I will give that a shot.  I mean it does ruin the concept a bit, and the ice cream still wouldn't be creamy, but it may be better.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - MiscellaneousDave - 06-12-2020

Verdict... Freezing it made it........................... MAYBE 1% better... MAYBE...

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - PJ - 06-12-2020

(06-12-2020, 09:36 PM)MiscellaneousDave Wrote: Verdict...  Freezing it made it...........................  MAYBE 1% better...  MAYBE...

Baby steps.

Now throw it in the microwave and report back lol

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Lifebeholder - 07-14-2020

I was thinking of Tang the whole time reading through the posts.
I wish I knew more about the brackets. I kept thinking along the lines of our free Menards shelving brackets modified and maybe bent up, but probably not strong enough if sounds like. I was also thinking ladder more on the back of the box, but maybe you lay it flat or have it against a wall. Looks like it is coming together well for you. Most things invented I am sure were for a person's need for it, so you should patent it.
I know one of my jobs the engineers are constantly building things with 3-D printers, like hooks to open the door (I have mastered opening a lot of doors with my foot or knee by now LOL). I am old school and wander around and rig things up with the things we have. One day it was a huge old cardboard sign and a mop and wheeled mop bucket to block sunlight coming indoor that needed to stay open that day. It was out of the way and did its purpose. It didn't look pretty, but it was on wheels and a temporary fix. They better look out I am already eyeing a gutter that leaks and getting a trap to get rain to go down the driveway. This happens if you give me to much time, with not much to do.

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Yahoo - 07-20-2020

Well I finally got around to figuring it out. Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest. I used some brake caliper hangers to mount either ladder I need to the packout crate. They both clear the ground and are pretty stable when moving around. 

[Image: 20200720-125019.jpg]
[Image: 20200720-125032.jpg]
[Image: 20200720-125040.jpg]
[Image: 20200720-125132.jpg]
[Image: 20200720-125145.jpg]
[Image: 20200720-125204.jpg]

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - PJ - 07-20-2020

That looks like it'll work really well. Its gotta beat the hell out of moving the packout stuff and the ladder separately

RE: Need ideas for mounting a ladder on Packout - Orion1876 - 07-20-2020

That looks like a great solution. Easy to mount on the packout and easy to take the ladder off when needed.