Harbor Freight Tools is recalling its Holt Industries Deluxe Manual Fluid Extractor and Dispenser units with part number 56384. The recall is due to a safety concern with the pressure relief plug in the product, which may not consistently operate as intended, particularly if the flow of fluid out of the product is restricted while in dispense mode, such as when the hose is kinked or there is contamination blocking the outlet of the hose. In certain units, if the outlet becomes blocked, the pressure relief plug may not activate to relieve the pressure within the unit while in dispense mode. This, in turn, could cause the lid of the unit to unexpectedly separate from the body of the unit, increasing the risk of injury to users.
HFT has the name and contact information for over 91% of customers who purchased the product and will directly contact them to confirm their current mailing addresses to provide replacement assemblies/repair kits. HFT will publicize the recall notice through outlets it controls – its website, social media accounts, and stores. The remedy will be a component part replacement of the product lid, which the user can easily install. HFT will send the lid ring and pour spout cap with a new integrated pressure relief valve to the consumer with instructions on how to replace the part at issue in this recall.
The recalled components have a pressure relief plug integrated into the vacuum line and a less rigid screw cap (blue in color). The remedy components will have (1) a replacement spout cap that contains a new integrated pressure relief valve that is designed to activate at approximately 20 psi, and (2) a replacement screw cap constructed of more rigid material that resists higher pressure. The replacement screw cap will be black (instead of blue) to distinguish it from the existing product, and the replacement spout cap will have a new integrated pressure relief valve to distinguish it from the existing product. Consumers will be advised to dispose of the original spout and screw cap.
In summary, the Holt Industries Deluxe Manual Fluid Extractor and Dispenser is being recalled due to a safety concern with the pressure relief plug. The remedy will be a component part replacement of the product lid, which the user can easily install. Consumers who have purchased this product should contact Harbor Freight to receive the replacement assemblies/repair kits.
Below are some fluid extractors that haven’t been recalled.
- Economical, accurate and simple method to find common causes of overheating
- Pinpoints external leaks caused by loose clamps or leaky hoses, connectors, water pumps or radiators
- Diagnoses internal leaks caused by a blown head gasket or damaged block or head
- Tests radiator and coolant bottle caps to ensure they are maintaining the correct pressure
- Contains adapters to test the cooling system and caps of most U. S. and Asian cars and light trucks, as well as many European vehicles
- Carefree Car and Boat Care: Easily remove engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, gear oil, coolant, and more with this versatile fluid evacuator pump
- Easy Oil Change: No more crawling under cars for oil changes; This topside oil extractor pump pulls oil from the dipstick tube, allowing you to stay right side up the whole time
- Move Fluid with Less Mess: An automatic shutoff valve and single piece construction are the cleanliness dream team, helping you keep the fluid off your floor
- Longer Reach: A 5 foot long flexible main suction hose connects to the improved 41 inch long dipstick hose adapter or to the 17 inch long suction hose adapter for plenty of reach
- Pump for Joy: The manual extraction pump quickly evacuates up to 1.4 gallons (5.3L); Get fast, easy, and effective fluid extraction with no compressed air required
- 【2 WAY USAGE】Pneumatic and manual mode to fit any condition. The pneumatic mode provides higher speed while manual mode requires no other equipment to work with.
- 【SPEEDY EXTRACTION】Fast extraction speed of 1.8L /min. The oil change pump extracts engine oil in a 4 cylinder car within 5 minutes at pneumatic mode.
- 【NO OIL LEFT】 Vacuum Fluid Extractor comes with 5 kinds of tubes with different diameter go into the bottom of oil pan. The fluid extractor can be used to remove fluids from...
- 【Easy to Use】With FOUR UNCLES oil extractor, you don’t have to get under the car anymore to do fluid changing and there is no mess to clean afterward. Just simply open the...
- 【WORK FREELY】Not limited to places, change oil anytime, anywhere. Perfect for working on a car in the garage, also suitable for using outdoors on boats, truck, or lawn mowers.
Promotion availability and prices can change at any time on Amazon. Information included on this page is accurate as of 2023-06-07 at 00:20 CST.